News Cancelled Goldeneye Remaster Leak

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Mildly Interesting, the Goldeneye Remaster done by Rare for the XBox 360/XBLA has leaked out. Game was cancelled because they were unable to get the rights despite as you can see below it was mostly completed.

Longplay of the game, including some multiplayer -

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Mildly Interesting, the Goldeneye Remaster done by Rare for the XBox 360/XBLA has leaked out. Game was cancelled because they were unable to get the rights despite as you can see below it was mostly completed.

Longplay of the game, including some multiplayer -

Longer story on the rights - ex CEO and huge legacy shareholder @ Nintendo just said "No" - everything else was lined up evidently. He just didn't want such a marquee Nintendo title on a non-Nintendo platform and he denied it at the 11th hour.

There is supposedly another more polished build that only has 90 bugs in the tracker.

Back in 2008 that wasn't ready to go.

Today we call that "Gold Master" :D

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I never actually played Goldeneye. By that time I was computer exclusive with stuff like Quake and Duke Nukem 3D (although those too eventually arrived on consoles).

Did Goldeneye ever get a sequel? Or a new shooter by the same developers?

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
I never actually played Goldeneye. By that time I was computer exclusive with stuff like Quake and Duke Nukem 3D (although those too eventually arrived on consoles).

Did Goldeneye ever get a sequel? Or a new shooter by the same developers?

Spiritual sequel is Perfect Dark, which was later remastered on the XBox 360.