Canceled my WoW account...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

batmang

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2003
Congrats to you! :)

I played WoW for 2-3 weeks and I couldn't stand it after that. It really doesn't interest me at all. It's definitely addicting, it just didn't stay with me after a couple weeks. Crysis! Orange Box! Many other awesome games to play instead. The best thing is, they don't require monthly fees :p

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: EvilComputer92
Get a good RPG, not like Oblivion.

:p I had to.

Originally posted by: jpbelauskas
once you cancel your account, doesn't it get deleted?

Usually not. There may be some time restriction, though. However, Sony keeps trying to get me to reactivate my old EQ account I played and then canceled years ago. I dunno why they don't try to get me to play EQ2 instead. :confused:

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
perhaps the best choice made. MMORPGs are evil, except Eve, ha! Been there, done that. Don't give in, use the money for a savings account. YOu can have just as much fun in other games.

thujone

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2003
like everyone else said... TF2. i stopped playing wow for about 6 months or so. recently started playing again to play with some guys i work with. but in that short time span i played mostly just TF2. and yes. portal. but it's short.

i'd also suggest bioshock. there's a demo of it out i know.

i tried playing oblivion but... i honestly found it to be too open ended. after playing wow... i want to play something extremely structured and as far away from questing as possible. that's pretty much going to rule out most rpg's for the time being.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Why is it that so many people believe that just because you play an MMO you are unable to play other video games too? Moderation and time management people....come on.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Why is it that so many people believe that just because you play an MMO you are unable to play other video games too? Moderation and time management people....come on.

I don't play any other games except WoW. Sadly enough, I keep buying new video games too :(. Just bought Lost Odyssey last night and just like Blue Dragon before it, I won't play it.

Although I do plan on playing Dynasty Warriors 6 when I get that next week! Effeminate Zhang He, here I come!

Superrock

Oct 28, 2000
I quit WoW after playing the first 2.5 years it came out. I made like 5 or 6 high lvl characters. The problem was after the expansion the game stopped being fun for me. All I really cared about was pvp and even that was turning into a grind and became monotonous. I really wish they polished outdoor pvp more and made PvP more dynamic. The only reason WoW is doing so well is that it has no competition.

I don't think I'll even look at Warhammer online unless the PvPers give it rave reviews. It looks like a WoW clone to me. Age of Conan definately looks interesting and has a lot of hype but I have no idea what the actual gameplay would be like other than watching a few videos. Chances are I'll wait not jump on the ship of the first adopters like I did with WoW and let competition weed out the weak ones.

I keep buying new games and not playing them too. I play TF2 the most atm.

noobish

Jul 14, 2007
This is BS
been about three years and no other MMO can top WoW
All i see now when i search for new MMO games is "Its a WoW stealer!Coppier!CLoner!"