Canceled my WoW account...

Cienja

Aug 27, 2007
www.inconsistentbabble.com
I've anticipated this for about the past 6 months; canceling my WoW account. I started in October of '06 and had a blast playing when I could. I remember the same anxiety when I canceled my DAoC account years ago. Sad in a way...

Anywho, I need a new game! Portal? TF2? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Orangebox is a good suggestion since you can enjoy the multiplayer long after the single player games.

I cancelled my WoW account after 6 months in 2004. Recently took up a 10 day trial for Burning Crusade and just let it run out haha. Maybe if they give another one for Lich King I'll play for another 10 days. God Im so cheap!

Sumguy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
Portal + TF2 + HL2 (since they're all in the same box anyway)

I found that after playing WoW for so long FPS was a good shift. Might want to look into Sins of a Solar Empire too, apparently its a great game.

Cienja

Aug 27, 2007
I have played HL2 twice and love it. I plan to fire up my WoW account when Lich King arrives ('09 ish?), but until then I'm thinking Portal and TF2...maybe even CivIV...

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
It gets easier each time you cancel an MMO account. By your 4th or 5th one it's not hard at all.

It was easy when I canceled my WOW account after I thought about it rationally. The next expansion is going to increase the level cap by 10. Thus, once you've seen the cool end-game raid content, there's no reason to keep playing and grinding for gear that will eventually be made obsolete (and I was pissed that the paladin raid sets looked so shitty). I'll come back a few weeks before the Frozen Throne drops maybe, that way I can hit the sweet new content, play for half a year, and quit again. It's a nice little cycle.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Eeezee
It gets easier each time you cancel an MMO account. By your 4th or 5th one it's not hard at all.

It was easy when I canceled my WOW account after I thought about it rationally. The next expansion is going to increase the level cap by 10. Thus, once you've seen the cool end-game raid content, there's no reason to keep playing and grinding for gear that will eventually be made obsolete (and I was pissed that the paladin raid sets looked so shitty). I'll come back a few weeks before the Frozen Throne drops maybe, that way I can hit the sweet new content, play for half a year, and quit again. It's a nice little cycle.

I uninstalled the WoW beta client before launch. I guess that counts as cancelling.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
IMHO - The only reason to stay with any MMO at end game are who you game with.

Unless you enjoy the repetitive regrind of pve gear farming and going up against l33t k1dd13s in pvp.

Oh..Orange Box ftw as others have said!

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Time for you to get LOTRO and get to level 50 before age of conan / warhammer come out. GOGOGO :D

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Cancelled it myself. I'll probably play again once Lich King arrives, but only to see level 80 and test new things out. I fully expect to be playing Warhammer online much much more by then.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Eeezee

Everything changes once you get in a guild and make some good online friends which last for years. I could tear myself away from WoW, but the thought of leaving my guild is what would really upset me.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Everything changes once you get in a guild and make some good online friends which last for years. I could tear myself away from WoW, but the thought of leaving my guild is what would really upset me.

I remember when I quit my first guild in WoW, it took me almost 3 hours to actually leave :(.

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: FallenHero
Cancelled it myself. I'll probably play again once Lich King arrives, but only to see level 80 and test new things out. I fully expect to be playing Warhammer online much much more by then.

once you cancel your account, doesn't it get deleted?

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: jpbelauskas

uhm, no ...

Cienja

Aug 27, 2007
Thanks for all the ideas. I got the Orange Box ordered, but I'll probably play Diablo 2 in the mean time...I've had it for a couple of years now, and have never played it. Is it multi-player only?

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: dreadpiratedoug

uhm, no ...

&*^$*@())@&!! damn sony! everytime i cancelled my ffxi account, it would delete if i did not resubscribe after 3 months.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: dreadpiratedoug

uhm, no ...

&*^$*@())@&!! damn sony! everytime i cancelled my ffxi account, it would delete if i did not resubscribe after 3 months.

That was the old System. They changed it. I believe its now a year, or never at all.