Discussion Cancel Culture - Good or Bad?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Gonna necro this thread for the latest example of hypocritical cancel culture from the right:

Texas gov. and other conservatives wanting 8th grade teacher fired for supplying a cartoon as part of an assignment which seems to compare modern police with KKK and slave owners. What the cartoon is suggesting is that police are used as a tool to enforce white supremacy just as others were in the past.

It's a debatable point but calling for termination of the teacher because these conservative pols don't like the viewpoint suggested by some of the materials given to students is exactly what they are complaining about as a feature of the left.

Their feels tho

Nov 8, 2012
Gonna necro this thread for the latest example of hypocritical cancel culture from the right:

Texas gov. and other conservatives wanting 8th grade teacher fired for supplying a cartoon as part of an assignment which seems to compare modern police with KKK and slave owners. What the cartoon is suggesting is that police are used as a tool to enforce white supremacy just as others were in the past.

It's a debatable point but calling for termination of the teacher because these conservative pols don't like the viewpoint suggested by some of the materials given to students is exactly what they are complaining about as a feature of the left.

Let's make sure to teach little Billy "Fuck the police" extra early in life. I'm sure that will serve him well. I'm also sure that DEFINITELY won't put moronic thoughts in his head such as "the police are always against you, so never trust them"4... again, I'm sure that will serve him well.

Anyhow - I'm fairly sure that this wasn't in the yearly agenda - so this is someone directly not doing their job correctly.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
"Never trust the police" is a valuable life lesson for anybody. As far as "fuck the police" goes, they earned it and continue to earn it every day.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Let's make sure to teach little Billy "Fuck the police" extra early in life. I'm sure that will serve him well. I'm also sure that DEFINITELY won't put moronic thoughts in his head such as "the police are always against you, so never trust them"4... again, I'm sure that will serve him well.

Anyhow - I'm fairly sure that this wasn't in the yearly agenda - so this is someone directly not doing their job correctly.

For someone who claims to want intelligent conversation, you certainly don't care for it.

Maybe read the article that describes the assignment. Heaven forbid you use your brain once in awhile.

The assignment is not far fetched, was not provided to ONLY minorities, and was intended to invoke thoughts, research, and subsequent opinion based on information available.

Seriously "broceritops", get a clue.

lol, cancel culture and zero tolerance for deviant teacher!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Conservatives are good at labeling and at the same time are completely full of shit...

Example: How many times have we heard them say they are for peaceful protesting yet they complain when black people engage in ANY TYPE OF PEACEFUL PROTESTS.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

It might also help a little if the police stop shooting people in the back. Oh, and if the Police would stop rioting, that'd be great too.