Canadian Senate: Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol and should be legalized

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: A5
All you people that would uproot your whole life just so you could smoke a J in peace are pretty sad. Not like there's THAT much risk of getting caught in the States if you're just smart about it. (Only buying from people you trust, smoking in private, etc...)

its not so much the actual act of smoking that Im fearful of, its just the chances of it showing up on drug tests at work or something. Thats the only reason

SerraYX

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2001
Originally posted by: kamiam
Originally posted by: EngineNr9
How will the US react?
in thier normal closed-minded way:|

Unnecessary.

Great, now there will be stoners AND drunks all over the place. I hope this is ignored my US Legislators, there's too many people at college with fried brains already... now they'll just... multiply.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hello! Typically, a bong smoker is far less violent, than a dude that has had a 12 pack of (beer of choice) after work. Infact, most violent, drug enduced crimes, are from either meth or alcohol users. Nuff said, the weed is very tame, in comparison. I agree with the view in canada. :)

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Maybe some Canadians here can correct me if I am wrong but the Canadian Senate is their version of the British House of Lords. They are appointed and therefore not answerable to voters. I know when I was dating my wife in the mid 80's there was a lot of talk in Canada about exactly what purpose the Senate served since they have very little power relative to Parliament. Just because they recommend this course of action does not mean that the Parliament will actually pass it since those members are the ones that will have to face voters for re-election.