Canada offers Govt support of US led war

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
No, they feel we should have to bear the burden of the cost, which we accepted before we started, their opinion is this matter is not even relevant. They will not profit from their alliance with Saddam.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Fairweather friends.. When the war's going well, it's all good in the neighborhood..

"I want it understood with absolute clarity that Canada stands with its friends, even if we cannot engage with them in conflict," Manley said. "We mourn the losses of their sons and daughters in war, we pray with them for a swift end to the conflict - and, yes, for a swift victory."

If you think Canada ever stopped being supportive of AMERICA, you're wrong.
The difference of opinions we have on this war is in no way a testimnet to American/Canadian relations.
Thanks to GWB, people like you have developed his "with us, or against us" attitude. F*cking rediculous!

Astaroth33, Alistar7. :lips: my @$$, trolls.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
This article is being miscontrued, mainly by the way YAHOO NEWS.
John Manley was in the States yesterday to adress the concerns of American and Canadian CEOs about the strained business relations due to the war.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Phuz
John Manley was in the States yesterday to adress the concerns of American and Canadian CEOs about the strained business relations due to the war.

It was an INTERVIEW, those are direct quotes....

The article and the reason behind this thread are quite clear, to show that in fact Canada does in fact support our efforts, even though the majority of their citizens do not.

Astaroth33, Alistar7. my @$$, trolls

I stay on topic as long as everyone else does, and I provide facts to support my arguements.
I have a perfect heatware rating as well, so your childish name calling is clearly off base here but noted for what it's worth.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
I don't care what you think your facts are, re-read my response. I listen to John Manley's statements and interviews multiple times a week. I live in Canada, read about MY government and its officials on a dialy basis and have a much better understanding of our postion than YOU. Thank you.

The article and the reason behind this thread are quite clear, to show that in fact Canada does in fact support our efforts, even though the majority of their citizens do not.

Learn how to make a statement without trying to sound intelligent. Please.

I have a perfect heatware rating as well, so your childish name calling is clearly off base here but noted for what it's worth.

Oh, pardon me. I wasn't aware that heatware was the determining factor in ones understanding of politcal affairs and current events.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. you're only insulting your own intelligence, guy.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
The term "troll" has various uses and meanings, the one that carries the largest stigma is in the trading community, of which I am an active and respected member.

What problem did you have with my posting a link to this article anyway? I added no additonal personal comments on the original thread. I offered this to the forum in light of the postions taken by many of our Canadian members who feel their government shares their personal opinion about this issue. Clearly that is not the case, is this the cause of your anger?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

"With a recent rebuke by the U.S. ambassador and anecdotal evidence of business orders canceled and visits by Americans called off, conservative political parties and the Canadian business community have decided to launch a pro-American campaign to show support for the United States."

Sounds like there was no concern on the parts of the American interests.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I don't care what you think your facts are, re-read my response. I listen to John Manley's statements and interviews multiple times a week. I live in Canada, read about MY government and its officials on a dialy basis and have a much better understanding of our postion than YOU. Thank you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. you're only insulting your own intelligence, guy.

The only insults I have seen have been leveled by you, as follows:

Thanks to GWB, people like you have developed his "with us, or against us" attitude. F*cking rediculous!

Astaroth33, Alistar7. kiss my @$$, trolls.

MooseKnuckle

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
They mean nothing to us, we were going without them. Why should they be concerned with terrorists? They're too busy chasing Satellite TV theft. Reality is they don't need to protect themselves, the guys to the south will do the job.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: MooseKnuckle
They mean nothing to us, we were going without them. Why should they be concerned with terrorists? They're too busy chasing Satellite TV theft. Reality is they don't need to protect themselves, the guys to the south will do the job.

Yep, we're on everyones hit list.
If Canada doesn't stop pissing everyone off by being so damn neutral, who knows what could happen! :Q