Can you SLI a Nvidia Titan?

Kippa

Dec 12, 2011
I got a single Nvidia Titan gfx card over a well over a year ago. I remember someone somewhere on these forums saying that you can't run a Titan in SLI. Is this true? I thought you could have a couple of Titans running in SLI.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-sli-4-way.jpg

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
wow. how you can buy a $1000 gpu and ask such a question? the whole internet is right in front of you and you could find that info in seconds. heck you could even just look right on the Nvidia site.

EDIT: and yeah I guess a mod will pop in and tell me I am rude but IMO you should really take a few seconds and search on your own. actually I would have thought anyone buying a card like this would know beforehand anyway. this is not some hidden feature and even tells you right there in the description of the card on places like new egg that its SLI ready. I mean what logic would there be for it not to have that feature?

Last edited:

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
Just be aware there is Titan and titan black. You can only use nvidia cards with matching series so check which one you have. (Amd cards can mix in the same core, generally speaking)

You need the extra psu connectors.

Also, 970 is around Titan speed so if you need to buy new (not used) you'd be better off buying 970 sli if you don't need compute. You might be able to sell your Titan for the $500-600 and get 970 sli for $660.

Last edited:

Kippa

Dec 12, 2011
I can't remember where but someone on one of the Video Card and Graphics forum said that you can't SLI a Titan, I was just curious that is all. Thanks for the feedback. :)

I am not looking to get another Titan MK I but would be possibly interested in getting two Titan MK IIs if they are going to make them. Mainly for use with the 3D render Octane which uses CUDA cores with gaming as a second use.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
I can't remember where but someone on one of the Video Card and Graphics forum said that you can't SLI a Titan, I was just curious that is all. Thanks for the feedback. :)

I am not looking to get another Titan MK I but would be possibly interested in getting two Titan MK IIs if they are going to make them. Mainly for use with the 3D render Octane which uses CUDA cores with gaming as a second use.

GM200 (Nvidia GTX Titan II) taped out in July, usually there is a 6 month delay between tape-out and release. So the earliest is late December 2014 to early January 2015 release date.

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012
You don't need to connect titans in SLI. At least thats what I heard. When doing compute work the cards do not need SLI bridge.

KaRLiToS

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2010

Maybe the member meant SLI a Titan with a GTX 780 or something like this. In that case it's not possible even if both cards are GK110.

Or a Titan with a HD 6970, not feasible. :sneaky:

Kippa

Dec 12, 2011
Rendering wise using Octane you don't need two or more gfx cards using an SLI bridge. In fact with Octane you can mix and match different types of NVidia cards for rendering purposes, though if you have one card with 2gb of vram and another card with 6gb of vram I think it will only use 2gb and be limited to that altogether, even though on the 6gb card you have 4gb more of vram. So far as rendering goes I am not arsed about using SLI, but for gaming I am.