Can you sleep with music playing through your earphones?

Trey22

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2003
I had a huge chunk of my MP3 collection playing, and it hit the Counting Crows August and Everything After CD and I kinda dozed off, but didn't really "sleep".

I remember when I was young, I used to fall asleep to music and stay sleeping... now, I wake up and head off to bed.

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
I can if my volume is at 1...
ZVM + Creative EP-630's = Mmm you can't hear anything on the outside from the low ambient noise level.

bersl2

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2004
I used to sleep to music, but I can't anymore. My ears are also becoming very sensitive to headphones, even at low volume.

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
In my teens I used to wear the big clunky 1970's headphones and jam to music while reading a Heinlein novel. I felt as though I was enjoying both and I remember the novels. Nowadays, I like it quiet while I read.
There was a recent study which concluded the following: If you study with music on, you need to listen to the music again to spit out the information. I heard this from 1 of 2 places, Dr. Dean Edel or ABC News.
This wasn't your OP, but I believe it's closely related.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ya. I remember turning on my transistor radio that I kept under my pillow and falling asleep listening to it. Always found headphones to be too bulky(sleep on my side) to really sleep with, but listening to music was no problem. Nowadays if I can make out the words spoken I can't sleep at all. I seem to autommatically focus on what's being said/sung and it distracts me from sleeping.

Just gettin old I guess. :shrug;