Can You Park A Moped At College Along With The Bikes?

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
I cant seem to get a direct answer to this on google.

I want to park a moped with the bikes instead of at the parking lot, can I do this?

I was looking at this Moped.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
What are your local regulations like? Mopeds used to be interesting here cause you could ride one unregistered, and only needed a class A auto license. That's all changed, so I don't see a lot of point in getting one over a motorcycle. I wouldn't buy a Chinese machine, especially if you can't do repairs yourself(where do you get no name parts anyway when they quit making them next year?).

As for parking, that's a local/individual building policy. I doubt anyone here could tell you, but logic says if it fits in a bicycle spot, and doesn't block others, it's probably ok enough.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
University campuses that I have been on, I saw mopeds/scooters parked everywhere. With bikes at the bike racks. In parking spaces or just randomly sitting on the sidewalk somewhere.

If you aren't being an asshole and blocking doorways with it...I doubt anyone is going to harass you for where you park it. Use some common sense and you'll probably be ok.

Like figuring out where to best ask this question.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yes. There are consequences to every action but you have agency and can choose to exercise it.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I used to park my V-Rod where ever was closest to where I was going. No one ever said anything about it.
Most folks expect Harley guys to be assholes.

I feel it should be 100% legal to clothes-line anyone riding a bike with a straight pipe. (or at least soak them with a fire-hose!)

Having said that, even most bonafide biker-gang members I've met have been totally cool.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I was looking at this Moped

Also that's not a moped its a scooter as it has no pedals .... however depending on where you live that may not matter as most states go by engine-displacement nowadays not by weather pedals start the motor.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Hahaha, you dumb bastard, it's not a scooter it's a moped!
A scooter is a moped, stupid-head!
YOU KNOW WHAT? THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY! OVER THERE, THAT'S JUST A GUY IN A SUIT!

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Hahaha, you dumb bastard, it's not a scooter it's a moped!
A scooter is a moped, stupid-head!
YOU KNOW WHAT? THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY! OVER THERE, THAT'S JUST A GUY IN A SUIT!
Just keep staring. You'll see it eventually...

:laughing: