Can you guys help me local children organizations? I want to donate baseball cards.

iceliquid

Banned
Jun 29, 2000
I live in San Francisco, California and I have this collection of baseball cards that I'd like to donate to a kids organization. Like an orphanage or a place for disadvantaged kids. But I have no idea where I can go or where to even start to find one. Help for a worth cause, pleeezzzzz? :)

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You could try calling the United Way of the Bay Area (1-800-273-1779), and ask them where you can get a list of organizations they support. I looked on their web site but couldn't find one. With that list, you might be able to spot organizations which might be interested in donations like yours. The United Way in your area does not accept tangible donations directly. If you want to check their web site, it's here.

You might also look in your Yellow Pages under Charities, but most of them don't buy listings in the Yellow Pages.

I hope you find a place that wants them.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Auction them on e-Bay then donate the money to a charity... Methinks that baseball cards dontated to the United Way, et. al, will sell for far less than they would sell for on e-Bay, thus giving the charity less money (not to mention overhead costs for selling those cards which I imagine are higher than having someone open an envelope with a check in it).

Card trading on e-Bay is very lucrative. Friend of mine quit his day job as a jet mechanic just to buy and sell cards on e-Bay all day long. He makes enough money to support his family and bought an M3 a couple months back (used, but still cost in the 30k range).. You should be able to make enough money to make a nice donation to a charity of your choice..

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I saw on a email list that another person said they had good luck donating cards to children's hospitals. He said a couple declined politely, but most were happy to get them.