Can we talk about NOWHEREMOM yet?

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

how is that still active?

< has no idea how people pay for internet things.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think blogspot is free.

but aren't webpages of all types (domains/names; whatever the proper term is) essentially "recycled" or "replaced" at regular intervels and those that aren't maintained regularly will simply disappear in the process? Like, a refresh process, where the reboot discards the chaff that hasn't been touched by the owner in x amount of time, regardless of domain host payment status?

I remember reading this at some point, essentially an article about the Internet Archive; it reminded me of how the human body essentially "replaces itself" every 30-40 days due to the overall rate of cell death and replication.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
but aren't webpages of all types (domains/names; whatever the proper term is) essentially "recycled" or "replaced" at regular intervels and those that aren't maintained regularly will simply disappear in the process? Like, a refresh process, where the reboot discards the chaff that hasn't been touched by the owner in x amount of time, regardless of domain host payment status?

I remember reading this at some point, essentially an article about the Internet Archive; it reminded me of how the human body essentially "replaces itself" every 30-40 days due to the overall rate of cell death and replication.
Well, my ex has been dead nearly five years, but one of her blogs from 2006 is still live.