Can we get something straight about Nazis?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Damn, wouldn't you just know it - somehow Clinton is manuvering Bush on this policy.
Bubba & Dubya, who'd a thunk it.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Damn, wouldn't you just know it - somehow Clinton is manuvering Bush on this policy.
Bubba & Dubya, who'd a thunk it.

Whaddya' think. Bush is crashing even with the Clinton training wheels on. He can't take them off.

What a strong leader. "Clinton did it." That's authority. That's leadership. That's Bush.

Smarmy, draft dodging, AWOL, drug addict, alcoholic, rich kid, blame the other guy wimp.

The patrician cowboy.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: burnedout
"U.S. Won't Resume Nuclear Tests for Now - AP, Aug 7th"

You're dealing with the Bush administration. Key words here: "for Now"

They were saying the same kinda' thing about Iraq this time last year.

They can't be trusted. They've lost all credibility.
Ignoring facts again, I see.

Colin Powell: "We can't rule it out forever," he said, but "we have no plans to test"

"The United States has not signed the international treaty to ban nuclear tests because the Senate refused to ratify it. But Bush, like his predecessor, Bill Clinton has imposed a voluntary moratorium."

So do you have no problem with Bush resuming nuclear testing to build a new class of nukes for actual combat use or as bunker busters?
Whether or not I have a problem with "Bush resuming nuclear testing" has nothing to do with this debate. You purposely distort facts to further your own extremist agenda.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: tagej
We live in a different world now than when the Nazi's took power. Of course you're not going to find any government official that says "we must exterminate the Muslims", that just wouldn't "fly" in todays world.

What a lot of people mean when they refer to neocons as Nazi's is that the neocons have the same belief in their own superiority, the same belief that the end (whatever that might be) justifies the means, that other people's are inherently inferior and therefore need our "superior" guidance to "enlighten" them and bring them into our perception of how things should be.

Germany didn't go to an all out "Jew exterminating factory" in one shot. It took time, small steps. Small incremental steps are easier to understand and accept by people. Over time the small steps add up and can lead to disastrous results (as happened in Germany). The people don't realize the extent of the danger until it's too late. Numerous dictators (like Saddam) have taken this approach.

I'm quite certain that neither Bush nor the people in his administration have any grand evil scheme to ultimately exterminate millions of people. Unfortunately, I do believe that some of the "small steps" taken right now as part of the war on terror have the potential of ultimately leading to widescale abuse. As a society, we've now accepted the idea of throwing people in jail without charges, without attorney representation, without communication, without any kind of recourse. We've accepted "guilty because someone in the intelligence community said so". We've accepted having the government keep track of what books someone checks out at the library. etc. etc etc. Instilling fear of a perceived threat (whether real like Terrorism or just a scapegoat like the Jews) is a tactic employed to maximum effect by Nazis. It's not hard to think this kind of stuff can ultimately be abused by people who, unlike Bush and his administration, have evil aspirations of grandure and power.

Thus, while I don't think of Bush or people in his administration as Nazis, I can indeed make a valid comarison of some of the tactics used to those used by the Nazis. Call me an @sshat if that makes you happy though, that's up to you.

Nice post Taj, but this is not the place for a calm reasoned discussion... Try the pimple farmers over in OT if you're looking for that, now fvck you asshat. Full stop:D

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Colin Powell: "We can't rule it out forever," he said, but "we have no plans to test"

"The United States has not signed the international treaty to ban nuclear tests because the Senate refused to ratify it. But Bush, like his predecessor, Bill Clinton has imposed a voluntary moratorium."

So do you have no problem with Bush resuming nuclear testing to build a new class of nukes for actual combat use or as bunker busters?
Whether or not I have a problem with "Bush resuming nuclear testing" has nothing to do with this debate. You purposely distort facts to further your own extremist agenda.

HAHAHAHAHA.........they want to restart nuclear testing to build a new class of nuclear weapons and I'm the one with an extermist agenda.

Do you support our government's WMD program? They're considering testing a new class of nuclear weapons for battlefield and bunker buster use. Do you support that? And hell yes it has everything to do with this debate.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
people these days use the word "Nazi" freely, not really understanding the true horrors and terror that undermine that name. Anyone that uses it so freely must be younger than 60.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Dari
people these days use the word "Nazi" freely, not really understanding the true horrors and terror that undermine that name. Anyone that uses it so freely must be younger than 60.

Same tactics. Nazi tactics.

Walks like a Nazi, talks like a Nazi, acts like a Nazi.....must be a Nazi.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

You're a brain-dead idiot. The environmental hazard that is New Jersey must've gotten into your system.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

You're a brain-dead idiot. The environmental hazard that is New Jersey must've gotten into your system.

See what I mean? You're a nazi.

Oct 16, 1999
Nazi's were fascists, Neocons are fascists. Methods and objectives may vary somewhat between the two, but the ideaology is the same.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
Nazi's were fascists, Neocons are fascists. Methods and objectives may vary somewhat between the two, but the ideaology is the same.

like you, your analogy is simplistic.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
Well I'm done with this thread. It degenerated into about what I roughly expected. Barney and BOBDN and a few others showing their complete and utter ignorance of world history, politics, and government. These radical leftist scum asshats who try and use humanities largest tradgedy to push along their viewpoint are no better than those they decry. And so as moonbeam likes to say, they become what they fear.

They are trash, but the world is full of trash. Thankfully it is balanced out by a lot of good people.

I'm going to go enjoy the rest of this nice day with my family and community, try and contribute a little goodness rather than roll in the mud with these pigs. They'll never change so why should I expect to even try. Change has to come from both sides, I'm willing, they aren't.

go contribute to your community asshat.
I hope that the responsible americans with a fully funtional brain make a nice contribution next year in the form of a swift kick in the ass of Bush and his criminal monkeys. The world is going to be a safer place with this neocon trash removed from power.

Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian

like you, your analogy is simplistic.

Nice dig, but the fact of the matter is it is just that simple.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: freegeeks
Well I'm done with this thread. It degenerated into about what I roughly expected. Barney and BOBDN and a few others showing their complete and utter ignorance of world history, politics, and government. These radical leftist scum asshats who try and use humanities largest tradgedy to push along their viewpoint are no better than those they decry. And so as moonbeam likes to say, they become what they fear.

They are trash, but the world is full of trash. Thankfully it is balanced out by a lot of good people.

I'm going to go enjoy the rest of this nice day with my family and community, try and contribute a little goodness rather than roll in the mud with these pigs. They'll never change so why should I expect to even try. Change has to come from both sides, I'm willing, they aren't.

I hope that the responsible americans with a fully funtional brain make a nice contribution next year in the form of a swift kick in the ass of Bush and his criminals monkeys. The world is going to be a safer place with this neocon trash removed from power.

When foreigners like you hate bush, it's all the more reason to get real americans to keep him in power and his policies in full effect. No foreigner is going to tell us who to elect, let alone how to run our country. If anything, such statements can backfire.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

I hope that the responsible americans with a fully funtional brain make a nice contribution next year in the form of a swift kick in the ass of Bush and his criminals monkeys. The world is going to be a safer place with this neocon trash removed from power.

When foreigners like you hate bush, it's all the more reason to get real americans to keep him in power and his policies in full effect. No foreigner is going to tell us who to elect, let alone how to run our country. If anything, such statements can backfire.

LOL, dude I don't live in a third world country where you can drop the 101st to "restore" democracy. I don't live in a country that you can bully around.
What are Bush and his monkey going to do. Invade Belgium??? Shoot cruise missiles into Brussels???

and who are the real americans you are talking about. The lying chimp in the white house? Is that the real american. The USA used to be country that we looked at with respect. Now the whole frigging world detest you. And it's not because you are american, it's because of the policies of the chimp in the White House.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Every time you compare America, the current administration, John Ashcroft, the war in Iraq, etc. to "Nazism", "Being a Nazi", "That's what the Nazi's did"...you are a complete and utter asshat.

Go back and study your history. Hitler wrote extensively about "the jewish problem" and "lebensraum" (if you don't understand that word, go read a book) well before he ever came into power. So did most of his cronies.

The Nazi's killed, at a minimum, 6 Million Jews. On purpose. No accidential bombings, no misguided rounds, not a few soldiers getting a little overactive with their rifles, not even some overactive commanders. IT WAS POLICY. There were never again any elections once they came into power. Hitler was the supreme ruler, decreed by law, till the day he died. The total death toll for WW2 was around 50 Million people!

I'll accept the arguments necons are stealing oil, the neocons are conducting an illegal war, there were no WMD's, blah blah blah all those arguments at least have some validity, can be argued at some level, even if I believe you wrong. But when you try to compare Neocons to Nazi's, I'm going to call you a f*cking asshat, and keep on until I'm banned..

Show me one single writing of conservatives or Neocon's that suggest we should exterminate Muslims. (crackpot websites don't count, I'm talking a person in government or in power). Or that the administration wants to eliminate the 3 branches of government and elections. Or that we need to invade Canada and Mexico to drive the "right of American growth". Until then STFU.

This is another quote from alchemize in another thread...<<Just about anyone who was in government during that time was a nazi. You signed up, or lost your job. He was just a flunkie policeman.>>

Now why on Earth would he get so upset over someone comparing someone else (whom he has never met) to a Nazi?

Tell me again who the f*cking asshat is.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

HAHAHAHAHA.........they want to restart nuclear testing to build a new class of nuclear weapons and I'm the one with an extermist agenda.

Do you support our government's WMD program? They're considering testing a new class of nuclear weapons for battlefield and bunker buster use. Do you support that? And hell yes it has everything to do with this debate.
Disputing reality again, I see. What "they" want and what "they" do are entirely different matters as evidenced by US compliance with the voluntary moratorium.

But please, feel free to maintain your cherished illusions if they ease the pain of your pitiful existence.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001

Dare I say Rupert
But in the last few years, Mr. Murdoch has become even more influential with the newest additions to his media empire. The Weekly Standard, a conservative magazine, has become closely read in the Bush White House, while the Fox News Channel last year surpassed CNN to become the top-rated cable news network in the United States. And Mr. Murdoch is expanding his television news operations elsewhere in the world, including India, China and Italy.

Still, he has made no secret of his opinions. "We can't back down now, where you hand over the whole of the Middle East to Saddam," Mr. Murdoch told the Bulletin, an Australian magazine, in February. "Bush is acting very morally, very correctly," he said. "The greatest thing to come of this for the world economy, if you could put it that way, would be $20 a barrel for oil. That's bigger than any tax cut in any country."

And at a business conference last week, he reiterated his bellicose position : "There is going to be collateral damage. And if you really want to be brutal about it, better we get it done now than spread it over months."

Damn when did this Aussie get his receipt for the citizenship he purchased?

I agree stop calling the Neocons and their lackies Nazis . . . they are fascists . . . there is a difference.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
I agree stop calling the Neocons and their lackies Nazis . . . they are fascists . . . there is a difference.

You're right there is a difference however neither description is accurate. You're smarter than that.

Oh sh!t Ialmost forgot.
rolleye.gif

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
OK, OK . . . they aren't fascist . . . but they play them on TV. Wait a minute . . . Ann Coulter is a fascist.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
OK, OK . . . they aren't fascist . . . but they play them on TV. Wait a minute . . . Ann Coulter is a fascist.

Ann Coulter is Rush Limbaugh with tits (bigger) and four more brain cells. She is the perfect reason why we should always beat our women after we have sex with them. It keeps them in line. I often wonder is she even believes half the sh!t that comes out of her mouth or whethter she does it strictly to get attention.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

Ann Coulter is Rush Limbaugh with tits (bigger) and four more brain cells. She is the perfect reason why we should always beat our women after we have sex with them. It keeps them in line. I often wonder is she even believes half the sh!t that comes out of her mouth or whethter she does it strictly to get attention.

I call the latter.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

LOL, dude I don't live in a third world country where you can drop the 101st to "restore" democracy. I don't live in a country that you can bully around.
What are Bush and his monkey going to do. Invade Belgium??? Shoot cruise missiles into Brussels???

and who are the real americans you are talking about. The lying chimp in the white house? Is that the real american. The USA used to be country that we looked at with respect. Now the whole frigging world detest you. And it's not because you are american, it's because of the policies of the chimp in the White House.

Invade Belgium? Been there, done that. In fact, we're still there as of today, the Allied Powers and their bases. The occupation never ended. It is ongoing.

And bully, you say? Well, we've done that too:)

Dec 27, 2001
Bob, you and Barney are fading quickly into the drone of the ignorant and blind. Your views are so extreme, that even liberals are going to begin to distance themselves from you. On these boards, extremist posts are seen as punctuation to perspectives so many liberals will support you, but when you actually start defending your posts and thoughts you both really sound like a couple of seriously disturbed individuals with major issues.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

Invade Belgium? Been there, done that. In fact, we're still there as of today, the Allied Powers and their bases. The occupation never ended. It is ongoing.

And bully, you say? Well, we've done that too:)

LOL, I was not very happy with that law anyway so I'm happy that it's gone. There is now a fully international court in The Hague that basically can do the same
btw you are showing your true fascist face by calling the american troops in Europe an occupation force