Can we get something straight about Nazis?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Every time you compare America, the current administration, John Ashcroft, the war in Iraq, etc. to "Nazism", "Being a Nazi", "That's what the Nazi's did"...you are a complete and utter asshat.

Go back and study your history. Hitler wrote extensively about "the jewish problem" and "lebensraum" (if you don't understand that word, go read a book) well before he ever came into power. So did most of his cronies.

The Nazi's killed, at a minimum, 6 Million Jews. On purpose. No accidential bombings, no misguided rounds, not a few soldiers getting a little overactive with their rifles, not even some overactive commanders. IT WAS POLICY. There were never again any elections once they came into power. Hitler was the supreme ruler, decreed by law, till the day he died. The total death toll for WW2 was around 50 Million people!

I'll accept the arguments necons are stealing oil, the neocons are conducting an illegal war, there were no WMD's, blah blah blah all those arguments at least have some validity, can be argued at some level, even if I believe you wrong. But when you try to compare Neocons to Nazi's, I'm going to call you a f*cking asshat, and keep on until I'm banned..

Show me one single writing of conservatives or Neocon's that suggest we should exterminate Muslims. (crackpot websites don't count, I'm talking a person in government or in power). Or that the administration wants to eliminate the 3 branches of government and elections. Or that we need to invade Canada and Mexico to drive the "right of American growth". Until then STFU.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
think what people mean when they compare the two they mean the Nazis before the actual war, more how things were developing in germany before the war started

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Czar
think what people mean when they compare the two they mean the Nazis before the actual war, more how things were developing in germany before the war started

I would have to agree with alchemize that there is no comparison for before, during after the war to nazis.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
February 3 1933: Hitler presents Lebensraum program.

"Hitler revealed his political goals in a speech to the leading army and navy commanders. He spoke of the need for an authoritarian state purged of Marxism and pacifism, the occupation of living space in the East for the German people, rearmament, and resistance to the Versailles Treaty. He stressed the importance of the military and promised not to involve it in domestic political disputes. Hitler?s purpose in making these remarks was to earn the generals? support for his regime."

For those who don't want to read a book this is the short explanation of Lebensraum.

The comparisons between the current administration and the Nazis are based on the current administration's use of propaganda, lies, and the news media to advance an agenda that, viewed from other shores, resembles world domination.

An authoritarian state purged of Marxism and pacifism - tax cuts for the wealthiest and declaring anyone opposed to the war anti-American.

The occupation of living space in the East for the German people - substitute living space with oil.

Rearmament - military spending has skyrocketed under the Bush administration.

Resistance to the Versailles Treaty - the Germans were against the Treaty of Versailles in large part because they would be forced to pay reparations, destroy a large part of their military forces, and hand over land. The Treaty of Versailles also created the League of Nations. While the correlation is not exact the Bush administration has opposed the UN, the Kyoto Protocol, the creation of the World Court and is currently undermining the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act. Any treaty which would have them work with other nations on an equal footing. Like the Nazis they are interested only in the agreements which give them full control. When they cannot achieve full control they are now perpared, as witnessed in Iraq, to invade on bogus evidence based on the superiority of American forces.
Like the Nazis in Poland or France they dream up whatever excuses or evidence they need to invade.

How do you expect the rest of the world to react to a nation which uses military superiority as a threat? Do as we say or we'll fake a reason to invade. Nazis.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN

"Hitler revealed his political goals in a speech to the leading army and navy commanders. He spoke of the need for an authoritarian state purged of Marxism and pacifism, the occupation of living space in the East for the German people, rearmament, and resistance to the Versailles Treaty. He stressed the importance of the military and promised not to involve it in domestic political disputes. Hitler?s purpose in making these remarks was to earn the generals? support for his regime."

For those who don't want to read a book this is the short explanation of Lebensraum.

The comparisons between the current administration and the Nazis are based on the current administration's use of propaganda, lies, and the news media to advance an agenda that, viewed from other shores, resembles world domination.

An authoritarian state purged of Marxism and pacifism - tax cuts for the wealthiest and declaring anyone opposed to the war anti-American.

The occupation of living space in the East for the German people - substitute living space with oil.

Resistance to the Versailles Treaty - the Germans were against the Treaty of Versailles in large part because they would be forced to pay reparations, destroy a large part of their military forces, and hand over land. The Treaty of Versailles also created the League of Nations. While the correlation is not exact the Bush administration has opposed the UN, the Kyoto Protocol, the creation of the World Court and is currently undermining the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act. Any treaty which would have them work with other nations on an equal footing. Like the Nazis they are interested only in the agreements which give them full control. When they cannot achieve full control they are now perpared, as witnessed in Iraq, to invade on bogus evidence based on the superiority of American forces.
Like the Nazis in Poland or France they dream up whatever excuses or evidence they need to invade.

How do you expect the rest of the world to react to a nation which uses military superiority as a threat? Do as we say or we'll fake a reason to invade. Nazis.

F*cking Asshat.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
alchemize: I agree with the intent of your message. The vast majority of posters incorrectly employing the phrase "Nazi", or even making shallow allusions thereto, obviously either assume an extremist position, or posses limited distorted knowledge of the actual NSDAP.

However, my friendly recommendation is to introduce a reasoned, plausable and documented argument when confronting those in disagreement. I find that proving the opponent wrong, or at least not as right as they believe, is much more effective than labeling.

Many of us become preturbed at times with what we perceive as idiocy. I'm quite guilty of it as well.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: charrison

F*cking Asshat.

"February 27-March 5: Reichstag arson leads to state of emergency

Shortly before election day, the Reichstag building went up in flames-most probably at the initiative of the Nazis themselves. Hearing about the arson, Hitler reportedly first said, "Now I?ve got them in my hands." The Nazis exploited the torching of the Reichstag to describe the act as a manifestation of an attempted Communist putsch and, on the basis of this allegation, to legitimize an all-out war against the Communists. That very night, Goering declared a supreme state of emergency throughout his police forces. The Nazis rounded up 4,000 political activists, mostly Communists, but including several non-Communist intellectuals. The headquarters and newspaper editorial boards of the Social-Democratic party were taken over. The heads of the Communist party in the Reichstag turned themselves over to the police voluntarily to prove that the charges were groundless. The next morning, Hitler presented President von Hindenburg with an emergency order, ready for his signature, that voided important basic civil rights, expanded substantially the list of crimes that carried the death penalty, and vastly boosted the central government?s powers to pressure the individual states. The police were now empowered to imprison suspects and extend remand indefinitely at their discretion. They could keep relatives utterly uninformed about the reason for the arrest and the fate of the imprisoned person. They could prevent lawyers or other people from visiting detainees and reviewing their files. No court was entitled to intervene. The emergency order, "for the protection of the people and the State," was augmented that very day by an order "against treason and treachery." The two orders became the basis of jurisprudence and the foundation stones of the Nazi dictatorship. Thus, the emergency order of February 28, 1933, read:

"Paragraphs 114, 115, 117, 118, 123, 124, and 153 in the German Reich Constitution are provisionally null and void. Accordingly, the restrictions on personal freedom and the right to express opinions freely, including freedoms of the press, association, and assembly; monitoring of letters, cables, and telephone calls, searches of homes, and expropriation of property, and restrictions thereon, are hereby revoked within the limits previously stipulated in the law." The order, to be in effect until 1945, replaced constitutional rule with a perpetual state of emergency."

Sound familiar? Nazis.

***EDIT***
Added bold type for effect.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
I pretty much agree.

But people followed Hitler quite blindly........and many people are following Bush the same way.

With any decent amount of reason and common sense.....Americans would have to vote against him in the next election.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
We live in a different world now than when the Nazi's took power. Of course you're not going to find any government official that says "we must exterminate the Muslims", that just wouldn't "fly" in todays world.

What a lot of people mean when they refer to neocons as Nazi's is that the neocons have the same belief in their own superiority, the same belief that the end (whatever that might be) justifies the means, that other people's are inherently inferior and therefore need our "superior" guidance to "enlighten" them and bring them into our perception of how things should be.

Germany didn't go to an all out "Jew exterminating factory" in one shot. It took time, small steps. Small incremental steps are easier to understand and accept by people. Over time the small steps add up and can lead to disastrous results (as happened in Germany). The people don't realize the extent of the danger until it's too late. Numerous dictators (like Saddam) have taken this approach.

I'm quite certain that neither Bush nor the people in his administration have any grand evil scheme to ultimately exterminate millions of people. Unfortunately, I do believe that some of the "small steps" taken right now as part of the war on terror have the potential of ultimately leading to widescale abuse. As a society, we've now accepted the idea of throwing people in jail without charges, without attorney representation, without communication, without any kind of recourse. We've accepted "guilty because someone in the intelligence community said so". We've accepted having the government keep track of what books someone checks out at the library. etc. etc etc. Instilling fear of a perceived threat (whether real like Terrorism or just a scapegoat like the Jews) is a tactic employed to maximum effect by Nazis. It's not hard to think this kind of stuff can ultimately be abused by people who, unlike Bush and his administration, have evil aspirations of grandure and power.

Thus, while I don't think of Bush or people in his administration as Nazis, I can indeed make a valid comarison of some of the tactics used to those used by the Nazis. Call me an @sshat if that makes you happy though, that's up to you.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
Every time you compare America, the current administration, John Ashcroft, the war in Iraq, etc. to "Nazism", "Being a Nazi", "That's what the Nazi's did"...you are a complete and utter asshat.

Go back and study your history. Hitler wrote extensively about "the jewish problem" and "lebensraum" (if you don't understand that word, go read a book) well before he ever came into power. So did most of his cronies.

The Nazi's killed, at a minimum, 6 Million Jews. On purpose. No accidential bombings, no misguided rounds, not a few soldiers getting a little overactive with their rifles, not even some overactive commanders. IT WAS POLICY. There were never again any elections once they came into power. Hitler was the supreme ruler, decreed by law, till the day he died. The total death toll for WW2 was around 50 Million people!

I'll accept the arguments necons are stealing oil, the neocons are conducting an illegal war, there were no WMD's, blah blah blah all those arguments at least have some validity, can be argued at some level, even if I believe you wrong. But when you try to compare Neocons to Nazi's, I'm going to call you a f*cking asshat, and keep on until I'm banned..

Show me one single writing of conservatives or Neocon's that suggest we should exterminate Muslims. (crackpot websites don't count, I'm talking a person in government or in power). Or that the administration wants to eliminate the 3 branches of government and elections. Or that we need to invade Canada and Mexico to drive the "right of American growth". Until then STFU.

Oh, give me a break. Now we're not allowed to use certain words around here? Who the F do you think you are? Personally, I don't casually throw the word "Nazi" around, but I can see how some may use it interchangably with "fascist." Obviously no one is confusing the fascists in our own government with actual nazis.
rolleye.gif

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

F*cking Asshat.

Neocons = Nazis

Dissent is alive and well in the country. I dont expect liberals to be loaded up in boxcars and sent to gas chambers anytime in the future.

Meanwhile, maybe you should worry about germany. They are running have running defecits, have unemployment over 10.5%, cutting taxes and cutting goverment benefits. At this rate, they might invade france soon.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Resistance to the Versailles Treaty - the Germans were against the Treaty of Versailles in large part because they would be forced to pay reparations, destroy a large part of their military forces, and hand over land.
The Germans also collectively believed they had not "lost" WWI. The French and Belgians also invaded Germany in 1923 seizing the Ruhr - over the objection of the UK. The reason? Missed reparations payments. Why were the Germans delinquent? Because the terms of the Treaty (read: Georges Clemenceau) in this regard were unreasonable. Thank you for conveniently leaving out other facts, BOBDN.

The Treaty of Versailles also created the League of Nations.
.. which was never ratified by the U.S. Senate.

While the correlation is not exact
Not even close

the Bush administration has opposed the UN,
.....as have the Russians, Chinese, French, Israelis, Indians, etc.

the Kyoto Protocol
Somewhat in agreement, however there are still issues as to why.

the creation of the World Court
...as have many other nations.

and is currently undermining the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act.
They are?

U.S. Won't Resume Nuclear Tests for Now - AP, Aug 7th

Any treaty which would have them work with other nations on an equal footing.
UN, GATT, NAFTA, NATO, among many others, are never adequate enough for the extremist position, eh BOBDN?

Like the Nazis they are interested only in the agreements which give them full control.
How is the US in "full control" of GATT?

When they cannot achieve full control they are now perpared, as witnessed in Iraq, to invade on bogus evidence based on the superiority of American forces.
No doubt you are either a dedicated follower or opponent of "they." Did "they" dress you this morning, too, or did "they" just send you a memo dictating what to wear?

Shallow comparison, BOBDN. To begin with, you must mean "Like the Wehrmacht"? Were only Nazis comprising Wehrmacht involvement in Poland and France during this period? And your "excuses or evidence" must also imply the reasons which have been beaten to death on this forum. Yes, I was against this invasion. However, the attitudes and reasoning of both sides should also be represented.

How do you expect the rest of the world to react to a nation which uses military superiority as a threat?
The same as any other nation on the planet acts on a daily basis.

Do as we say or we'll fake a reason to invade. Nazis.
The same old rhetoric, eh BOBDN?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

F*cking Asshat.

Neocons = Nazis

Dissent is alive and well in the country. I dont expect liberals to be loaded up in boxcars and sent to gas chambers anytime in the future.

Meanwhile, maybe you should worry about germany. They are running have running defecits, have unemployment over 10.5%, cutting taxes and cutting goverment benefits. At this rate, they might invade france soon.

I don't live in Germany. I have plenty to worry about right here at home. It's the Nazi-cons who are worried about other nations and are hell bent on invading them to "liberate" them while here at home life for the average American is going down the toilet.

Bush will learn in time (he may or may not possess the mental capacity) that there is enough trouble in the world. You don't have to go shopping for it.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

F*cking Asshat.

Neocons = Nazis

F*cking tripiluar asshat. Asshat in the extreme. The short-bus retarded supreme asshat of all time. Your arguments are irrelevant, you are irrelevant.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: burnedout
Resistance to the Versailles Treaty - the Germans were against the Treaty of Versailles in large part because they would be forced to pay reparations, destroy a large part of their military forces, and hand over land.
The Germans also collectively believed they had not "lost" WWI. The French and Belgians also invaded Germany in 1923 seizing the Ruhr - over the objection of the UK. The reason? Missed reparations payments. Why were the Germans delinquent? Because the terms of the Treaty (read: Georges Clemenceau) in this regard were unreasonable. Thank you for conveniently leaving out other facts, BOBDN.

Not even close

the Kyoto Protocol

and is currently undermining the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act.
They are?

UN, GATT, NAFTA, NATO, among many others, are never adequate enough for the extremist position, eh BOBDN?

Like the Nazis they are interested only in the agreements which give them full control.

When they cannot achieve full control they are now perpared, as witnessed in Iraq, to invade on bogus evidence based on the superiority of American forces.
No doubt you are either a dedicated follower or opponent of "they." Did "they" dress you this morning, too, or did "they" just send you a memo dictating what to wear?

Shallow comparison, BOBDN. To begin with, you must mean "Like the Wehrmacht"? Were only Nazis comprising Wehrmacht involvement in Poland and France during this period? And your "excuses or evidence" must also imply the reasons which have been beaten to death on this forum. Yes, I was against this invasion. However, the attitudes and reasoning of both sides should also be represented.

How do you expect the rest of the world to react to a nation which uses military superiority as a threat?

Same old rhetoric? You're the one calling yourself "burned out"!!!
rolleye.gif

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Oh, give me a break. Now we're not allowed to use certain words around here? Who the F do you think you are? Personally, I don't casually throw the word "Nazi" around, but I can see how some may use it interchangably with "fascist." Obviously no one is confusing the fascists in our own government with actual nazis.
rolleye.gif

You can use all the words you want. If you do, it just shows your ignorance. I'm not anybody, but somebody in on the internet will call you a f*cking asshat if you say America/Conservatives/Necons/The administration are Nazis. If you say it to me on the street, words won't be used.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

F*cking Asshat.

Neocons = Nazis

F*cking tripiluar asshat. Asshat in the extreme. The short-bus retarded supreme asshat of all time. Your arguments are irrelevant, you are irrelevant.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you of the forum rule prohibiting personal attacks.

That and the fact that you and several of your ilk here must constantly revert to such garbage because your beliefs are indefensible.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

rolleye.gif

You can use all the words you want. If you do, it just shows your ignorance. I'm not anybody, but somebody in on the internet will call you a f*cking asshat if you say America/Conservatives/Necons/The administration are Nazis. If you say it to me on the street, words won't be used.

you go get 'em, tough guy
rolleye.gif

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

rolleye.gif
Thank you for addressing my points as I have addressed yours, BOBDN.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

F*cking Asshat.

Neocons = Nazis

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you of the forum rule prohibiting personal attacks.

That and the fact that you and several of your ilk here must constantly revert to such garbage because your beliefs are indefensible.
Hey BOBDN: go f*ck yourself. How's that for a personal attack? You are a piece of sh*t. I fully support abortion when it comes to you. PS there are no rules on this forum, that has been established. The rules were removed.

I'm not even trying to defend my beliefs, other than what I've stated about comparisons. I'm trying to make you defend your piece of sh*t beliefs. You are irrelevant, worthless, a shame to anyone on the left who tries to argue their beliefs. You marginalize the left. You are a reactionary, inflammatory POS. There I added another personal attack. Go whine to the mods.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Not even close

the Kyoto Protocol

They are?

rolleye.gif
Can't respond to it can you? Facts seem to trip you up every time.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

rolleye.gif
Thank you for addressing my points as I have addressed yours, BOBDN.

There was no point to address.

"Same old rhetoric" isn't a point it's a pathetic attempt to evade "the points."

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemizeYou can use all the words you want. If you do, it just shows your ignorance. I'm not anybody, but somebody in on the internet will call you a f*cking asshat if you say America/Conservatives/Necons/The administration are Nazis. If you say it to me on the street, words won't be used.

You're such a dick alchemize.