Can we get a religious forum?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
A forum where we could casually talk about religion would be great.

It would be a civil place. :)

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
A forum where we could casually talk about religion would be great.

It would be a civil place. :)
Would it be a forum where those who do not believe cannot crash the party with all their vile thoughts against religion?
In other words we would need a starting point and rules such as if you do not believe in a God then perhaps this forum is not for you....
just asking

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Would it be a forum where those who do not believe cannot crash the party with all their vile thoughts against religion?
In other words we would need a starting point and rules such as if you do not believe in a God then perhaps this forum is not for you....
just asking

Anyome could partake. Athiest, Buddhist, Christains, Agnostics, Muslims, etc.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
just asking

I would think you'd have to be respectful, in the least. But deciding which beliefs are valid to participate in discussion? Hard pass. I've been on both sides. I loathe intolerance.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I would think you'd have to be respectful, in the least. But deciding which beliefs are valid to participate in discussion? Hard pass. I've been on both sides. I loathe intolerance.
That is not exactly what i said......of course there are religions that have no God or deity or even a form of God....but perhaps somebody who is not respectful and insists that they worship a week olf piece of pizza is not welcome......like you said be respectful...but we know how that goes when it comes to religion on these forums...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
We had a forum, the Discussion Club (sic) where deeper questions, such as religious beliefs, could be discussed without the sturm and drang of P&N or the casual ignorance of OT. It was summarily terminated by our corporate overlords, without any prior consultation whatsoever. This is what happens when those who don't know a site get to do whatever they want. We mods have to live with that.

Of course, those same overlords make sure our software functions properly and to our advantage, addressing all the small stupidities that arise and fixing them when we ask them to.

Oh, wait, THAT doesn't happen either.

Reactions: pcgeek11

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
To answer your question, OP, a religious forum won't be happening anytime soon, for any number of reasons, not the least of which is that we mods no longer have much if any of the basic ability to control or guide our own forums.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
You'd have a much better user experience on a 'site that caters to this and thins out the intolerant herd.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Go to a religion site or just use off topic? In fact, it's a better fit in P&N, since religion has been deeply involved with both since it's birth

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
LOLOL. A reasonable discussion of religion on ATF, did that actually happen in the past? Certainly hasn't been the case for the past 6-8 years that I'm aware of.

Reactions: ch33zw1z