Can someone please show me an example of when un-regulated financial markets actually worked?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Mad? No... I stopped getting mad at Internet trolls YEARS ago. Flabbergasted by your ignorance and immaturity? Very much so ;)

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Mad? No... I stopped getting mad at Internet trolls YEARS ago. Flabbergasted by your ignorance and immaturity? Very much so ;)

Well, it's good to know you're ignorant of your own ignorance, i wonder how flabbergasted you'll be if you ever wake up and find out :Q

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Phokus

Jbourne, you are the very definition of irony and stupidity.

keep diggin, Phokus!!! keep digging...

your self pwnage in this thread is epic!!! :thumbsup:

it is hilarious that you are the only one who agrees with yourself...imagine that...

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

Well, it's good to know you're ignorant of your own ignorance, i wonder how flabbergasted you'll be if you ever wake up and find out :Q

Oooh... I see what you did there... you took what dozens of people in P&N have thrown at you, and you flipped that script and threw it at me!

BOOYA GG SUKAZ!!!!

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: spacejamz

it is hilarious that you are the only one who agrees with yourself...imagine that...

What is this, a popularity contest? I don't give a fvck if idiots don't agree with me. Like i said, you idiots live in a bizarro universe. You want pwnage and self pwnage? Look no further than seeing jbourne with egg on his face.

The informed are wary of regulation for a reason, because we've learned from it:

UCLA Economists Determine FDR Prolonged GD by 7 Years
Cliffs notes for the above, interpreted by businessandmedia.org

http://www.econ.wisc.edu/works...Eggertsson%20paper.pdf

Can government policies that increase the monopoly power of firms and the militancy of unions increase output? . . . these policies are expansionary when certain "emergency" conditions apply. These emergency conditions - zero interest rates and deflation - were satisfied during the Great Depression in the United States. Therefore, the New Deal, which facilitated monopolies and union militancy, was expansionary . . .

This conclusion is contrary to the one reached by a large previous literature, . . . that argues that the New Deal was contractionary. The main reason for this divergence is that the current model incorporates nominal frictions so that inflation expectations play a central role in the analysis. The New Deal has a strong effect on inflation expectations in the model, changing excessive deflation to modest inflation, thereby lowering real interest rates and stimulating spending.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

It is amusing is a sadistic way to watch Phokus self destruct in this thread.

One positive I am sure the board is happy about. He hasnt created a troll thread since he went into a tail spin in this one. His bb sized brain has all it can do to display its ignorance in this thread, much less create a new one.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
What is this, a popularity contest? I don't give a fvck if idiots don't agree with me. Like i said, you idiots live in a bizarro universe. You want pwnage and self pwnage? Look no further than seeing jbourne with egg on his face.

The informed are wary of regulation for a reason, because we've learned from it:

Can government policies that increase the monopoly power of firms and the militancy of unions increase output? . . . these policies are expansionary when certain "emergency" conditions apply. These emergency conditions - zero interest rates and deflation - were satisfied during the Great Depression in the United States. Therefore, the New Deal, which facilitated monopolies and union militancy, was expansionary . . .

This conclusion is contrary to the one reached by a large previous literature, . . . that argues that the New Deal was contractionary. The main reason for this divergence is that the current model incorporates nominal frictions so that inflation expectations play a central role in the analysis. The New Deal has a strong effect on inflation expectations in the model, changing excessive deflation to modest inflation, thereby lowering real interest rates and stimulating spending.

You don't seem to get it, Phokus. Popularity contest or not, this is why you're perceived to be such a twit. You don't recognize that your source is merely an alternate viewpoint. It doesn't trump the original source just because of the time line, and certainly not just because YOU happen to agree with it.

If anyone is tooling about with a purported "end-all be-all" argument, it's you; except you don't have one. All you have is an opposed view, just like I do. That's it.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

You don't seem to get it, Phokus. Popularity contest or not, this is why you're perceived to be such a twit. You don't recognize that your source is merely an alternate viewpoint. It doesn't trump the original source just because of the time line, and certainly not just because YOU happen to agree with it.

If anyone is tooling about with a purported "end-all be-all" argument, it's you; except you don't have one. All you have is an opposed view, just like I do. That's it.

And this is why you're retarded. I wasn't implying my source was right and yours was wrong. Notice how i bolded a couple of words in your quote. I was pointing, for the millionth time, how you thought YOUR link was the 'informed' and 'learned' position and presented it as the authoritative position yet you didn't know the existence of other economists who produced papers which concluded otherwise.

And besides that, i thought your previous page was your 'ending'. Man, your self ownage is just embarrassing to watch.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

You "don't give a fvck" but you won't stop posting, will you? You seem pretty obsessed for someone who pretends not to care. And that's why it's called pretending.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: Mursilis

You "don't give a fvck" but you won't stop posting, will you? You seem pretty obsessed for someone who pretends not to care. And that's why it's called pretending.

I don't give a damn if the retarded right spews insults at me. How does that conflict with me enjoying destroying you guys with facts and logic? God damn you guys are dumb.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
And this is why you're retarded. I wasn't implying my source was right and yours was wrong. Notice how i bolded a couple of words in your quote. I was pointing, for the millionth time, how you thought YOUR link was the 'informed' and 'learned' position and presented it as the authoritative position yet you didn't know the existence of other economists who produced papers which concluded otherwise.

And besides that, i thought your previous page was your 'ending'. Man, your self ownage is just embarrassing to watch.

What are you trying to prove and to whom? You can't seem to post without declaring some sort of victory... who is this victory for? Why do they need it so badly?

(I WIN!)

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

This has nothing to do with a popularity contest...you keep driving the knife deeper and deeper into yourself with your juvenile replies that showed how much of an imbecile you are and you can't even see it...

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

I don't give a damn if the retarded right spews insults at me. How does that conflict with me enjoying destroying you guys with facts and logic? God damn you guys are dumb.

Somebody dispense the ritalin stat!

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

LMFAO

Seriously, you are going to owe me a carton of milk by the time this is all done.

Another :cookie: for milk ejected via nostril.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

What are you trying to prove and to whom? You can't seem to post without declaring some sort of victory... who is this victory for? Why do they need it so badly?

(I WIN!)

I don't need to prove anything to anyone, i just enjoy demolishing you.

You don't know economics outside your own world view

Your debating and rhetorical skills are lacking (seriously, ad hominem, appeal to authority and appeal to popularity is all you have at this point)

You don't even have basic reading comprehension (as referenced above).

Believe me, this is all for me. I'm enjoying every minute of it. :D

So much for 'the end', huh jbourne? I own your soul.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

I'm guessing Daddy didn't love you enough, and now you're seeking the approval of anonymous men on the internet. That would also explain your Rush fascination - he's just an embodiment of your quest for a male authority figure in your life. Kinda sad, really.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Your debating and rhetorical skills are lacking (seriously, ad hominem, appeal to authority and appeal to popularity is all you have at this point)

Now this here is just classic. Can I put that in my sig? I mean, coming from you, that's like a freakin' trophy; like having Einstein tell you you're smart or Dan Quayle questioning your spelling!

Believe me, this is all for me. I'm enjoying every minute of it. :D

It would be disappointing, given your effort to prove yourself to some mystery person, if you weren't enjoying it. :beer:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
I'm guessing Daddy didn't love you enough, and now you're seeking the approval of anonymous men on the internet. That would also explain your Rush fascination - he's just an embodiment of your quest for a male authority figure in your life. Kinda sad, really.

:Q

I didn't realize this onion had so many layers!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

I think you are onto something here.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Now this here is just classic. Can I put that in my sig? I mean, coming from you, that's like a freakin' trophy; like having Einstein tell you you're smart or Dan Quayle questioning your spelling!

Sure, just link to this thread as well, so people know the context

jbourne ownage, irony, and lack of reading comprehension all rolled into one. It's beautiful.

:lips:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Dude we have moved well beyond that topic in this thread and onto your mental state. Try to keep up.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Sure, just link to this thread as well, so people know the context

Wait... you want to INCREASE the odds that others will see this thread? Seriously?

You might want to reconsider.

jbourne ownage, irony, and lack of reading comprehension all rolled into one. It's beautiful.

:lips:

Keep telling yourself that. You know, if you post it enough it might come true!!!

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
This thread has become the toilet for all of the Phokus threads that would have been today. Techs actually performed a public service.