• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Can someone help me with HPET?

Chronis

Mar 27, 2020
Firstly, if this is not the right place for this question please move it to the right subforum. Thanks

So, I stumbled upon this HPET thing and did some tests, but I do not understand what the numbers mean.
The first test was with bios hpet on and windows off.
The second was with bios hpet on and windows on.
The 3rd was bios off and windows off.

Any help would be deeply appreciated thanks.USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--878272386.jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1166105442.jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1158830718.jpeg

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
HPET can affect the accuracy of some benchmarks on Ryzen platforms under Windows. GPUPI will complain if you don't have it enabled. Pretty sure HPET won't do anything useful unless it's enabled in the OS.

Chronis

Mar 27, 2020
HPET can affect the accuracy of some benchmarks on Ryzen platforms under Windows. GPUPI will complain if you don't have it enabled. Pretty sure HPET won't do anything useful unless it's enabled in the OS.
So, are there any benefits of having it disabled; When I enabled hpet, games felt more smoother but I had massive fps drops and performance issues.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
So, are there any benefits of having it disabled; When I enabled hpet, games felt more smoother but I had massive fps drops and performance issues.
None that I can tell, unless you are trying to run verified benchmarks with HWBot or similar.

ASK THE COMMUNITY