Can old infractions that are listed be removed?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
why am i seeing this thread? shouldn't this be visible only to mods and the OP?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The infractions expire but they remain in your profile to provide information about past behavior.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
why are the infractions so long? I mean, my infraction expires in 2018. do i get an infraction for mentioning i have an infraction that expires in March 2018? :p

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
They are not going to be removed whether expired or not.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I like going through and reading mine. Most were deserved.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
even old speeding tickets disappear from your record after a certain amount of time. lol :D

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
even old speeding tickets disappear from your record after a certain amount of time. lol :D

You might be surprised the amount of things that are still on record that are still not on a general public record.

I remember going to a police station when I was a cub scout in the early 70's and we were getting fingerprinted then for show and I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't filed away somewhere there.

I'm not paranoid, but a lot of things just get stored away.

():)

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
even old speeding tickets disappear from your record after a certain amount of time. lol
That's not exactly true.....
Old speeding tickets are still recorded....
They just are not on any print out that you get after a certain number of years!
Trust me, they are still there!!

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
why are the infractions so long? I mean, my infraction expires in 2018. do i get an infraction for mentioning i have an infraction that expires in March 2018? :p
We gradually transitioned to relying a lot more on the point system - certain numbers of points trigger certain lengths of vacations. For the vast, vast majority of members, they never reach enough points for more than a day's vacation. But, there were a few that who were consistently problems, yet they weren't receiving vacations commensurate with the amount of trouble they were causing. In my opinion, it makes it a bit fairer. Sometimes I'll give a 1 point infraction and see that it resulted in a week's vacation, and I feel bad about it. But that week's vacation isn't due to that 1 point - it's due to someone repeatedly violating the rules.

Again, though, for the vast majority of members, this has practically zero impact - the only impact is on problematic posters.

CHADBOGA

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2009
Again, though, for the vast majority of members, this has practically zero impact - the only impact is on problematic posters.
Or it impacts those posters that fall victim to Mods with appalling judgement or vendettas they are pursuing.

By and large the moderating in the GPU section and to a lesser extent in the CPU section is some of the worst I have ever seen on any board.

Rather than doing what is best for the Anandtech community(if such a thing exists), Mods have decided that they are the community and that their ego's don't need to be kept in check.

Things were much better 3 years ago.

As DrPizza said - "the only impact is on problematic posters" - especially the oh-so-slow learning ones.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Oyeve

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Or it impacts those posters that fall victim to Mods with appalling judgement or vendettas they are pursuing.

By and large the moderating in the GPU section and to a lesser extent in the CPU section is some of the worst I have ever seen on any board.

Rather than doing what is best for the Anandtech community(if such a thing exists), Mods have decided that they are the community and that their ego's don't need to be kept in check.

Things were much better 3 years ago.
Yah I think you about to get a ban. Good luck though. Thanks Dr. Pizza. Hopefully my points don't get too high in the future.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Mods have decided that they are the community and that their ego's don't need to be kept in check.

As DrPizza said - "the only impact is on problematic posters" - especially the oh-so-slow learning ones.
admin allisolm

Allisolm, do you even see the irony of chadboga complaining about the egos of mods and then you coming in and making a condescending statement? You're literally proving his point.

Reactions: Oyeve and CHADBOGA

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Yah I think you about to get a ban.

That mod callout ban has turned into something that is ridiculously applied and abused. Any dissension or statement that mods don't like turn into bans under the theory that it was a mod callout. The good news is there's only like three mods that do it. The bad news is that Purch does not give a crap about their communities and won't do anything about these abusive mods.

Reactions: CHADBOGA

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Yeah the mod callout thing is ridiculous. I got an infraction for one of those, and all it did was make me think that particular mod is a bloated gasbag with an ego of near-Trumpian proportions, from my previous position of neutrality. Streisand Effect, people, it's real. If you're getting called out, stop and ask yourself why.

Reminds me of the swaggering bullies who grow up to be meatheaded cops. The kind of inbred, sociopathic wankstain who peaked in fourth grade, the living embodiment of the perma-blocked nostril. We all know that type.

Reactions: Oyeve and CHADBOGA

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
not all points expire.

somebody a long time ago gave me a bunch of permanent points. So now it takes much less to get me banned.