can i use VIVO for a PS2

DimZiE

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2001
can i use the VIVO port on my VGA to use the monitor for the output from a PS 2 ( composite yellow > video in > VIVO jack ) and if it is possible can anybody tell me how to do it. coz i have a PS2 in my dorm room but no TV so i was wondering is it possible to use the monitor as the output ? is there any software i need to download oh if it matters the PCI-Ex card i'm using is a powercolor 1950 XT..

any input will be appreciated..thanks in advance :)

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
From what I have seen, hooking a PS2 to a PC monitor via video-in cards introduces display lag. No good.

BTW I tried hooking up my PS2 to my CRT monitor with a composite video to VGA converter box. Games look like trash compared to on a regular TV.

There is also an native VGA cable for the PS2...The main problem with is that it works only with games supporting progressive scan, and it is hard to find.

DimZiE

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2001
thanks, but i also want to be able to record the output while i'm playing on the PS2

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: DimZiE
thanks, but i also want to be able to record the output while i'm playing on the PS2
I'm not sure if it would work (I'm not sure what type of hookup the VGA adapter uses), but theoretically you could just hook up an RCA cable to a VCR and record that way.

If you're going to use VIVO, I suggest you use an SVGA cable. You should just be able to hook it up to your PC. I'm not sure what type of software you'll need, but it more than likely was bundled with your graphics card. Good luck!