Can I transfer my contacts from my Windows 10 IDOL 4S phone to my new Galaxy S9 android?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm seeing some info online about doing this from a Nokia Lumia, which I have, but the Windows Phone I've used up until yesterday is an Alcatel Idol 4S Windows 10. My Lumia phones have OLD data and incomplete...

Can I import my contacts to my new Samsung Galaxy S9 from the Alcatel Idol 4S or do I have to do it all manually (PITA!). I suppose it's possible but want a reasonably simple means. Thanks for info...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I guess this is some help in this:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Good info here:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yes... it worked! Tried it both ways, first with a cable between the phones and that evidently didn't work. So I tried wifi instead. A special wifi band was created and I was supplied a password by Smart Switch (which has to be installed on both phones, it was on my Galaxy and I just installed the free download of Samsung Smart Switch on the Windows phone). The transfer completed. Would have been nice if there'd been some indication that it had taken place! Looking at my contacts on the Galaxy I see they're all there. Yowza! Uh, yeah, there was a step in between, which was importing my contacts from the Windows phone to my Google account and from my Google account, exporting them to a CVS file which was downloaded to my PC. Altogether it seemed labyrinthine... anyway it's done!

Feb 4, 2009
You should be able to go into you Microsoft account (add your email) to your new phone and all your contacts should transfer.