Can I pay using Paypal but send item to my gift recipient?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm not seeing the answer by googling, or at my Paypal account. If I buy at Amazon, I can send to addresses other than my own. I've done that a few times. If I buy elsewhere and pay using Paypal can I send to my recipient instead of my home address?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Of course. I have spent north of 20k on amazon.com sending to nyc while I live north of 49th.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Of course. I have spent north of 20k on amazon.com sending to nyc while I live north of 49th.
Well, I can make the purchase at Amazon but at the manufacturer's website I can get a President's Day 10% discount. That's why I'm wondering if I can set this up using Paypal. Or, I could use my credit card at the site, I guess. Maybe I can set up an alternative address on that credit card?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Well, I can make the purchase at Amazon but at the manufacturer's website I can get a President's Day 10% discount. That's why I'm wondering if I can set this up using Paypal. Or, I could use my credit card at the site, I guess. Maybe I can set up an alternative address on that credit card?

Usually you can enter a billing addr and a shipping addr. Sites are more forgivable when you pay through paypal as well. I ordered rotors for my van from carid as first order and shipped them to nyc no issue.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Poking around the order at the site I saw where I could have an alternate shipping for the items, i.e. not the billing address, so I just did that and used my CC, skipping Paypal. Actually, I saw where I could have used Paypal doing that but decided not to risk Paypal insisting on using the billing address and messing things up.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Poking around the order at the site I saw where I could have an alternate shipping for the items, i.e. not the billing address, so I just did that and used my CC, skipping Paypal. Actually, I saw where I could have used Paypal doing that but decided not to risk Paypal insisting on using the billing address and messing things up.

Nope, paypal is a different workflow than the website workflow.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Nope, paypal is a different workflow than the website workflow.
Right. So, I knew the website workflow was going to work for me, so skipped the Paypal option because AFAIK, it was iffy. Prefer not to give a company my CC info, but I inspect my statements, so I won't sweat it.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Right. So, I knew the website workflow was going to work for me, so skipped the Paypal option because AFAIK, it was iffy. Prefer not to give a company my CC info, but I inspect my statements, so I won't sweat it.

Bought a car online in 2008 :awe:. Wired the money though.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Didn't realize you could use PayPal on Amazon
No, I bought the scopes at Amscope's website. The price was the same until today or yesterday, but as of today, Amscope has that 10% discount for President's Day, coupon code PREZ10. It's prominently displayed when you hit Amscope's website right now. www.amscope.com.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Any online retailer that doesn't want to get scammed, will ONLY ship to "Paypal verified" address, when paying via Paypal. Anything else,, and the retailer is open to getting scammed.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Any online retailer that doesn't want to get scammed, will ONLY ship to "Paypal verified" address, when paying via Paypal. Anything else,, and the retailer is open to getting scammed.
Hmm. Yeah. Well, I bought over $400 worth of stuff from Amscope yesterday, am having them ship to NOT my billing address but an address I provided. I did NOT use Paypal but used one of my CC's. AFAIK, it's all set up and fine. A few minutes later I bought some stuff from them for myself, to be shipped to me. For that I did pay using Paypal.

Actually, maybe I could have used Paypal to ship to the other address. I've shipped to that address before... but maybe just through Amazon, where I do have several alternate shipping addresses on record.