Can I hook my cell phone (RAZR) up to my car's stereo deck?

TJN23

Golden Member
May 4, 2002
My car stereo has an AUX input where a 3.5mm headphone adapter cable is run from the back of the deck and is mountable anywhere on your dash. This allows you to plug in an iPod or other device and is a better quality alternative to using an RF transmitter.

Along these lines, if I purchase a 3.5mm to EMU Adapter could I theoretically receive a call, put the phone on speaker, and be able to hear the other person's voice through my car's speakers?

If anyone has a setup working like this I'd be curious.

TIA

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
One of my coworkers found an adapter so that he can plug standard headphones into it. If you can get to a standard connector, you can adapt it to your aux. input.

TJN23

Golden Member
May 4, 2002
Do you know if it works with a RAZR or with any phone that has a mini-USB interface?

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: TJN23
Do you know if it works with a RAZR or with any phone that has a mini-USB interface?

probably not, but you could do a sweet little hack using a bluetooth dongle, I'd bet.

TJN23

Golden Member
May 4, 2002
so the question is, will a standard 3.5mm wired (non-bluetooth) hands-free set work? if so, then this should work in theory...

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: TJN23
so the question is, will a standard 3.5mm wired (non-bluetooth) hands-free set work? if so, then this should work in theory...

Basically, you'd have to take a good look at the PCB of the headset and understand the output part. Then trace it back. You might get away with just stealing the leads to the little speaker. It all depends on impedance, but a wired headset would probably work.