Can I get some Site Feedback?

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Hey guys. I run a website called Luminous Arc : The Experience

It's a fansite for my favorite Nintendo DS game, Luminous Arc. I noticed after the game came out that no one had created any large fansites for the game yet, so I decided to take some initiative and make one!

It's at www.LATactics.com

I guess that's all I have to say save for my own notes:

1) The layout could look better, but I disliked the complexity that a CMS'ed added to moving a site from server to server, and the pain of database backups, plus the difficulty of adding new functionality because of the giant mass of code. So I have this semi-decent hand made layout, running on very basic PHP functions.

2) Link layout could be better, but I haven't designed drop-down menus yet, focusing on content more at the moment.

Any feedback that could be helpful, maybe to solving those two problems, but mostly just general issues, thoughts, comments?

Thanks. =)

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
The first thing I noticed is the text is too small. Something separating the menu on the left from the text on the right would be nice too.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Originally posted by: nick1985
Wheres CasioTech when you need him? :roll:

;)

If only I knew, if only I knew...heh :D

Originally posted by: KillerCharlie
The first thing I noticed is the text is too small. Something separating the menu on the left from the text on the right would be nice too.

Mmm..small text seems like a nice thing to me, I guess some people might not see it that way.

Though you are pretty right ona bout the separation issue. I've been meaning to do it just..I use a few div-positioned images and then a background, and I'd have to redo it and use multiple div-positioned images for each areas borders and it just looks like a big task, that I haven't gotten the chance to undertake yet.

mayonnaise

Apr 2, 2006
Text is too small, font is meh, background is too dark for the black text, right under the L in the title picture there is a line, clean the image up :p

edit: actually a lot of the top image needs a little cleaning :p

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Originally posted by: mayonnaise
Text is too small, font is meh, background is too dark for the black text, right under the L in the title picture there is a line, clean the image up :p

edit: actually a lot of the top image needs a little cleaning :p

The funny thing is I actually made the line. =X

But now that you mention it I do see some other artifacts...hmm

You guys think it's pretty well flushed out content-wise and I should start focusing on appearances yet or?