Can I get some advice from y'all

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Ok, here's the situation. I met this girl at work over the summer. I really, really liked her, but was too shy to ask her out until the middle of August at which point she said yes. however she came back up to me about 30 minutes later and said that because she was leaving in only 2 weeks (I'm in Ga, she was starting school in Boston or somewhere) she didn't think it would be a good idea to go out with me. I understood being the good type person I am (hey, stop laughing, I'm good). Well recently while browsing her schools web page I found out her e-mail address.
Now the question is should I go ahead and e-mail her, or do you think I'd seem like some kind of obcessed stalker. Also since I never did go out with her and only knew her for the summer, do you think she'd even remember me.
This for the most part is directed towards any Anandtech females for I feel female advice may be better in this situation because you'd understand her point of view a little better.
Thanks.

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
Yep, definitely go ahead and email her, it can't do any harm. The worst she can do is email you back saying 'get lost, freak boy', but perhaps that won't happen.

Good luck :)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I think if you email her once, and test her response it should be fine. She might like hearing from a friend while she is away at school. :)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I say send her an email also. I just hope she doesn't turn out to be the stalker like GirlFriday.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Yep, just send her a friendly email catch up on the latest news, shoot the breeze a little, Make it a innocent &quot;Hey, How ya doin? letter&quot;

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
Don't persue the wind. She is there and you are here. Find someone else. Time to move on. If she had ANY interest, she would have made it known and would have given you her email. Too many fish in the ocean to be casting across the sea. (I should be a poet!).