Can I download Vista legally for free?

elkinm

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2001
Since vista can be installed without a key for a 30 day trial, I was wondering, if I can also download a copy legally for free.

I want one to test performance and compatibility and the different versions. The 30 day limitation is not a problem as I don't need it that long unless I actually make the switch.

I do have the Beta's and RC1. I cannot say how it is for sure without the final version. Is the final better than RC1 or is just an enhanced and updated version with better drivers and updates?

Thanks

elkinm

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2001
There is no trial version, but I guess it can be installed without a key (from the how to clean install upgrade versions thread).

I am thinking, if there is a way to download it, like the Batas without getting the key first and running it as the trial, then I can purchase if needed. Basically, is there a way to download Vista before purchasing it.

Is the final version much different then RC1 or is RC1 with latest drivers and updates comparable to the final version?

Thanks again.

Damn Dirty Ape

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 1999
No way to get it legally without buying a vista disc. I feel it is a good bit more solid than the RC, but that's just my opinion. I doubt we will see a 'trial' vista.