Question Can I connect to two bluetooth speakers and use one for left and the other for right channel audio?

utahraptor

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2004
I am using Windows 11.

Edit:

I did get this working. I had to use a third party tool called voice meter and set one speaker in windows to have 100% left channel and 0% right channel volume and did the opposite for the other. I do have stereo sound now, but there must be some kind of lack of ability for both bluetooth channels to be in perfect sync as you can just barely tell its not perfect when listening to music and its a deal breaker. Its kind of like an echo effect.

Video of test

Last edited:

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
You have pushed the Bluetooth system beyond it design intentions. It uses a system intended to move data at a moderate rate, suitable for audio signals and the like. It uses a single channel to carry ONE signal, so there is no two-channel system. Some Bluetooth systems ARE designed to work with more than one device at once - to do that it simply uses different base frequencies within the Bluetooth band, and alternates between the two or more devices. With the normal data rate Bluetooth can do, the process of switching between several user devices is not super-fast, so you DO have a perceptible delay between them. In many cases - say, two cell phones connected to one car audio system for different functions - the small delay is not noticed because it does not matter at all, since there is NO need to have their actions synchronized. However, your use IS sensitive to synchronization delay, and Bluetooth simply has no way to change that.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to look through the software you are using (Voicemeeter) for a way to create a delay in the channel that always seems to come first so that the signals play in your earphones at the same time. It may not have such a tool.

Last edited:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You have pushed the Bluetooth system beyond it design intentions. It uses a system intended to move data at a moderate rate, suitable for audio signals and the like. It uses a single channel to carry ONE signal, so there is no two-channel system. Some Bluetooth systems ARE designed to work with more than one device at once - to do that it simply uses different base frequencies within the Bluetooth band, and alternates between the two or more devices. With the normal data rate Bluetooth can do, the process of switching between several user devices is not super-fast, so you DO have a perceptible delay between them. In many cases - say, two cell phones connected to one car audio system for different functions - the small delay is not noticed because it does not matter at all, since there is NO need to have their actions synchronized. However, your use IS sensitive to synchronization delay, and Bluetooth simply has no way to change that.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to look through the software you are using (Voicemeeter) for a way to create a delay in the channel that always seems to come first so that the signals play in your earphones at the same time. It may not have such a tool.
How do Bluetooth headphones work then? They are essentially two speakers playing in stereo. Just little speakers!

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
You are right - I made a mistake. A single Bluetooth channel can carry two stereo sound channels. I have a pair of earbuds that do that, and you have experience with that, too. So why do your stereo SPEAKERS not do that? Well, that has to be detemined bu the way that speaker set negotiates its connection with your sound signal Bluetooth source. I know when I use my earbuds, each of them deals with mu cell phone sound system individually. Removing the earbuds from their charger intitates the connection system and each connects to my phone separately, giving a small tone to indicate this process is in progress, then a final tone to indicate success. As a matter of fact, right now I have lost one earbud, but the remaining one still does that for ONE channel without the other.

Is there anaything with your stereo speakers that tells you how to get the PAIR to connect properly? OR, are these NOT a stereo pair. Do they each work independently?

utahraptor

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2004
Ok, thanks for that insight. I am getting more excited now because I am realizing my Amazon Echos have AUX port for 3.5 mm jacks. I always thought it was line OUT only, but now I realize it can be switched to line IN. I will try to hard connections for left and right if I can find the cables lol.

It was so hard to find this cable: 3.5mm Stereo Male to Dual 3.5mm Mono Male Audio Cable

Last edited: