can anyone recommend a decent host for me?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'm kinda tired of dealing with hostpc billing issues... just got back from a long weekend to find that my entire site is down and suspended (no clue how long it's been like that, as I've only had limited internet access since last thursday).

so can anyone recommend a decent host for me? I don't need a ton of bandwidth and I don't do anything super demanding with my site, but I do need a pretty decent amount of storage (I pretty much only use my site for storing pictures, hosting a photo gallery, and running feed on feeds)

Superwormy

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2001
I can hook you up with some cheap PHP/MySQL/Apache on Debian hosting if you're interested... PM me.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
What kind of hostpc billing issues have you had with them? I was with them YEARS ago, and was thinking on going back with their new introductory pricing.... and this concerns me.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
I'm kinda tired of dealing with hostpc billing issues... just got back from a long weekend to find that my entire site is down and suspended (no clue how long it's been like that, as I've only had limited internet access since last thursday).

Aside from the "billing issues" do you like HostPC? Why not resolve these "billing issues" and stick with them?

I'll refer Joe Mack, the owner to this thread.

Otherwise what's your budget and how much disk space do you need? Please remember to provide realistic numbers otherwise I'll refer you to Dreamhost, Netfirms, Globat, etc. ;)

McDealer

Mar 8, 2003
While I won't go into customer specifics, we send out billing notices starting 15 days before hosting expires, 5 days prior to and then overdue notices starting the day after due. The site is suspended 48-72 hours after that last notification.

I'd like to thank loki8481 for renewing their account with us.