Can anyone help me find crime statistics for amish communities?

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Originally posted by: DeadByDawn
If they kept them, how would they put them on the internet?
LOL
yeah i'm thinking the amish don't really have a crime problem. Any crime commited to them is probably committed by those outside the amish community, and i'd think it would be in the county stats.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: mordantmonkey
LOL
yeah i'm thinking the amish don't really have a crime problem. Any crime commited to them is probably committed by those outside the amish community, and i'd think it would be in the county stats.

except drug production and distribution.... crystal meth and marijuana.... both of which are huge problems in amish communities

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I know they run as their own community apart from the outside, but Im sure that they would have to have records. And I dont care if it was only 1 theft in the last five years in the amish community, im sure it would have to be recorded.

Im just looking for something factual that depicts crime or lack of in the amish community.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
I dont think a local or state govt would keep track of something like that. It would be like tracking the # of athiests that commit crimes, they dont (and shouldnt) record information like that. You would have to find something internal to the Amish community themselves and, as previously mentioned, I dont think youre going to find that information on the internet.

in other news, for some reason I cant use apostrophes or forward slashes in ff2. Keeps bringing up quick find...wtf?

jmdeathsquad

Feb 23, 2006
Originally posted by: acemcmac
Originally posted by: mordantmonkey
LOL

except drug production and distribution.... crystal meth and marijuana.... both of which are huge problems in amish communities

and opium, so i hear.