Can anyone else not get into Single Player games anymore?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Sim games like city builders, turn based like civ 5 or Rome TW2, and RTS (if they still exist) were always my fave. They just don't make them anymore.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Playing single player then posting on the forums here and elsewhere is sort of a substitute for an aspect of multiplayer. The posts here are kind of like chat in mp. Which is fine for me.

Not that I haven't spend thousands of hours in online gaming: Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars, Myst URU, America's Army, Unreal Tournament 2 and 1, Quake 3 and Unreal.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Lack of good AI, and predictability (AKA cliche) kills it for me. I don't like MP games either, so end result is that I play games less than I used to...

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Not at all. In fact I am getting to where I prefer bot-matches like you can do in Unreal Tournament versus playing some punk kid whos gonna rag on me because he knows all the tricks and every corner of every map and my old decrepit ass is just tired from working all day and wanting to unwind a little bit so these days I almost won't even buy a game unless it has a bots mode in the multiplayer section. Which is getting to be few and far between, guess nobody likes to code good AI anymore those old Unreal bots are great though.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
For a long time I was basically only into MP games. But MP games require a timesink I can't dedicate for as easily anymore. So it's basically single player games for me that may or may not have a multiplayer aspect to them.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
I'm the opposite, I can never get into multiplayer games. Probably has something to do with having no real life friends that play games.
Same here. Wife, 2 kids and now a P/T job to go along with my fulltime gives me about 2 hours tops free time each day. Nothing kills a gaming addiction like 70+ hour work weeks.