Can an US Army (Insert * or ** or *** or ****) General execute a soldier or each other?

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I have no idea, but I'd think that should the situation warrant it, probably so.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
I think you have to be court-martialed and found guilty first, at least that's how I understand it. I guess rules may be different in battle if you're not following orders.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
No, you may not kill your general and claim self-defense because you thought he was going to execute you.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
If it's in the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice), they can do it. For members of the US military, this supercedes the US court system.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Yep - there's no due process under the UCMJ, but Generals aren't allowed to carry sidearms in peacetime anymore. They changed that rule after LtGen Ashworten at McDill AFB shot 3 adjutants in a row because they couldn't get his coffee right.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Was it war games in the beginning that the one guy in the missile silo was going to shoot the other guy because he wouldn't turn the key?

cjgallen

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Armitage
Yep - there's no due process under the UCMJ, but Generals aren't allowed to carry sidearms in peacetime anymore. They changed that rule after LtGen Ashworten at McDill AFB shot 3 adjutants in a row because they couldn't get his coffee right.

:Q :D

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother
Originally posted by: aplefka
No, you may not kill your general and claim self-defense because you thought he was going to execute you.

:confused:

Read the thread, read what I wrote, think about it, realize the implication.

Jon855

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2005
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: DonVito
No.

<----------- USAF JAG for six years

I thought we were talking about the military here?
;)

shameless jab

USAF's a part of the friggin MILITARY you shameless jab...

Originally posted by: KK
Was it war games in the beginning that the one guy in the missile silo was going to shoot the other guy because he wouldn't turn the key?

True... ur right there...

dude8604

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2001
Originally posted by: KK

I know that happened in Red Alert 2 :)

edit: No it was the other way around in RA2. Never mind.