can a none alchoholic become a good bartender?

madeupfacts

Apr 29, 2006
i was told by a friend that bartender and bouncher get teh most amount of woman. when he was a bartender many woman would just use him for sex.

now i am not strong enough to be a bouncher so i guess bartender is possible. but my problem is i cannot drink alcahol either. everytime i taste alcahol i would die horribly.
but bartender is not about alcahol right? it is about teh drinks u mix then pour in the alcahol so in theory I can become a good bartender without having to drink teh alcahol?
what do u guys think? should i try and goto bartender school?

swcramer

Feb 12, 2001
You're not much of a speller either.

And yes, you can be a bartender even if you dont drink. There's also a big difference between someone who drinks and an alcoholic

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
It helps being able to know how to make drinks and how to make small talk with people. I happen to have that skill but you really can only learn it from experience. That goes for drink making and for socializing. ;)

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
As a bartender, you may be asked to do shots with the homely girls from time to time.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
*sigh* yet another stupid question by this guy.

If you don't drink you're not going to be good bartender.

Again, BAN!

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: madeupfacts

If you am cannot grammar, how do you expect to become a respectable barkeep?

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: GuideBot

That was done on purpose right?

madeupfacts

Apr 29, 2006
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
It helps being able to know how to make drinks and how to make small talk with people. I happen to have that skill but you really can only learn it from experience. That goes for drink making and for socializing. ;)

u know i am really bad at that. I do not know what 2 say to girls when i look at them.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Xylitol

That's a stupid question.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Xylitol

Having to ask adds 20 points to your noob count.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

u know i am really bad at that. I do not know what 2 say to girls when i look at them.

Read John Donne until you can understand it and until you can spell a full page of words without errors. Then you will be able to speak to girls without hesitation, and even write to them semi-coherently.

As far as bartending goes, you can mix drinks off a recipe card and be passable. You probably wouldn't be an excellent bartender because you wouldn't be able to make up your own special drinks or add to the standards to make them special, since you wouldn't know all the tastes.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

tell them your made up facts, that always impresses them

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005
I've actually thought (have been thinking) about getting a part-time job as a bouncer..... I'm not that tall, probably 5'7", but a muscular 210. But to the OP, if it interests you, go for it man.

madeupfacts

Apr 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Einstein Element
I've actually thought (have been thinking) about getting a part-time job as a bouncer..... I'm not that tall, probably 5'7", but a muscular 210. But to the OP, if it interests you, go for it man.

no way. If i am bouncher i will get kill.
im going to buy some drink book from amazon and experiment @home.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006

Sounds like you've had enough already, bud.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
I am 20, and currently dream of being a bartender when i turn 21.

as long as i stay at the job i am at, when i turn 21 next may, i should be trained, and i can learn about everything. This is not a huge bar, where ill be making random shots for teenagers, but a good starting point so i can slowly learn enough that may allow me to get a job at a more happenin bar, and i can interact with people. my memory is also there, and i drink, and know what alcohol tastes like.

its something i want to do as well.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: swcramer
And yes, you can be a bartender even if you dont drink. There's also a big difference between someone who drinks and an alcoholic

Absolutely.

imported_bum

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2005

Sounds like you've had enough already, bud.

I thought the same thing... I'm not convinced this guy isn't a drinker.