Can a mod lock this please?

What makes you decide to upgrade?

• Performance

• Price

Results are only viewable after voting.

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
Just thinking what makes people buy them, price, performance, brand etc. Do you upgrade for upgrades sake?

EDIT: Couldn't really think about what to put in the poll, so it only has two options. Might add more when I see some answers.

Last edited:

Fastx

Dec 18, 2008
I can't vote I strictly go for the best bang for the buck performance.
Not performance or price alone.

I didn't know can you edit polls for sure once they are posted for more options?

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
I can't vote I strictly go for the best bang for the buck performance.
Not performance or price alone.

I didn't know can you edit polls for sure once they are posted for more options?

Looking at it I don't think I can :oops:

So it has to be one or the other? Can't be both? Great poll.

IF you read my first post, then you would see I said I didn't really know what to put in it, so I put it in hoping I could edit it. I can't edit it unfortunately.

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I think you forgot the "OMG something better has come out!" option :)

I would consider upgrading my graphics card for something that performed better but also had significantly lower 2D power usage.

Last edited:

Fastx

Dec 18, 2008
While its early maybe start another poll with best performance for the buck/bang for the buck option then just put a link in op in this thread and closed in the title and pm a mod to close this one?

Just an ideal^.

Last edited:

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
While its early maybe start another poll with best performance for the buck option then just put a link in op in this thread and pm a mod to close this one?

Just an ideal^.

I'll leave it like this, if anyone has something more to say they can always post, so far I think it is impulse buys, i.e a new series comes out and they have to get it or price and performance. I like posts more tbh as it gives you more of an idea.

brandonmatic

Jul 13, 2013
Almost everybody buys based on both factors - price/performance. An interesting poll would have been about how price inflexible you are when upgrading. Something like this:
  • I'd pay up to 100% more than my current card for 50% more performance.
  • I'd pay up to 50% more than my current card for 50% more performance.
  • I'd pay up to 25% more than my current card for 50% more performance.
  • I'd pay only up to the same price as my current card for 50% more performance.
  • I buy the fastest new card no matter what the price.
It's not a perfect poll, but it gets at this question.

Last edited:

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
Almost everybody buys based on both factors - price/performance. An interesting poll would have been about how price inflexible you are when upgrading. Something like this:
  • I'd pay only up to the same price as my current card for 50% more performance.

I think I am going to use this in another thread, see if I can get it off to a better start :)

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Those poll options that you're thinking of using aren't particularly helpful either, if you think about people moving from IGP or low end discrete graphics cards to better ones.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010

I think your new poll sounds a little better.