Cambridge Soundworks Microworks - refurb $44.95 - $100 off list

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Excellent speakers! This would be great for a PC where people don't want surround sound, or a small stereo. Good deal.

HarryK

Jul 27, 2001
I was in the process of checking out when I saw that the shipping was $24.02 for "UPS Ground (4-14 business days)" I'm guessing that this isn't a very light item, but $70 is a lot more than the $45 I was thinking about spending.

Not threadcrapping, it still seems like a good deal for speakers that otherwise go for $150+, just not sure it's my time.

cleek

Apr 2, 2000

The shipping is pretty high. I imagine that is because the relatively big sub is made of wood or MDF, (the sausage of woods and really dense). Thx for for the info - no crapum threadus seen here

HarryK

Jul 27, 2001
I should actually note that shipping charges from Creative seem to vary greatly, so don't pass on this deal just because my shipping was high.

In the other creative/cambridge/speaker/thread somebody got ~$10 shipping while it was ~$24 for me. So if anybody's interested, go through the hoops and see what it is for you.

umster

May 23, 2002
That's a great price for average computer speakers. And they are big/heavy,
so on the one hand you're getting a lot for the money. On the other hand, you're
paying for the shipping and have to live with the larger size.

For about the same money, I'd get a used/refurb Monsoon off
of ebay...the sound is far superior, IMHO.

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
hey can you give us some tips on which monsoon model is good? for those ive heard in the computer store they are not really superior, maybe is louder, compare to the soundworks i have. thanks.