calling all the people that think usa would win easy over iraq

chuckieland

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2000
let's make one thing clear, USA invade Iraq, right or wrong, it doesn't matter in the thread. This is not a thread debate about right or wrong on the war.

to all the previous people that did analysis on how war would end quickly because we have this and that. iraq has nothing.....etc
what do you think the war now?
do you still think it's easy victory?
althought i don't think much about iraq army (1991, they surrander faster then the french did in ww2)
in 2003 i think iraq army has fight well against the usa/british invasion.
consider iraq is weaker then 1991 iraq, and usa/british is more advance then 1991 usa/british.

which bring to another question. if usa/british has this amount of trouble against iraq now. how will would usa/british do when they have to go up against N.Korea (army size is twice the size of iraq, and is more well train), Russia(battle of super power again), China(most likely over issue on Taiwan)

do you think Canadian absent in this war, make any difference? Canadian may not have much of iron, but got the best of military personnal.(best fighter pilot in NATO, got the second best military train army in NATO)

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gee we haven't overthrown an entire country in 8 days! WE SUCK!

rolleye.gif

Jackass

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Two things, wrong forum and your post strikes me as one designed to inflame people.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
YO, all you wannabe mods. STFU.

If you want the thread to die, just stop posting.

If the thread doesn't die the Mod will move it. WHAT'S THE BIG FVCKING DEAL. so he posted it in the wrong place. OMFG the world as we know it will end.
rolleye.gif

btw, chuckie, our armed forces are doing VERY well thank you. It's never easy to invade.

BTW, contrary to your childish thinking, the expertise of the canadians wouldn't make any difference.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: LeeTJ

If the thread doesn't die the Mod will move it. WHAT'S THE BIG FVCKING DEAL. so he posted it in the wrong place. OMFG the world as we know it will end.
rolleye.gif

btw, chuckie, our armed forces are doing VERY well thank you. It's never easy to invade.

BTW, contrary to your childish thinking, the expertise of the canadians wouldn't make any difference.

I agree, shut up about the forum choice!!!!!! 1 person is enough to remind the guy.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Yield

rolleye.gif

I agree, shut up about the forum choice!!!!!! 1 person is enough to remind the guy.

Yeah! And I was first dammit! :)

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
The War and The Middle East forum 0wnz j00

Edit: All y0ur p0sts are bel0ng to us

1 r t3h l33t3r

The United States Offical sucks because we can't win a war under a week :D

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: chuckieland
let's make one thing clear, USA invade Iraq, right or wrong, it doesn't matter in the thread. This is not a thread debate about right or wrong on the war.

which bring to another question. if usa/british has this amount of trouble against iraq now. how will would usa/british do when they have to go up against N.Korea (army size is twice the size of iraq, and is more well train), Russia(battle of super power again), China(most likely over issue on Taiwan)

How would you propose to get at the iraqi military without killing large number of civilians? go back to playing pacman.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Yield

rolleye.gif

wrong forum....

:p

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

to all the previous people that did analysis on how war would end quickly because we have this and that. iraq has nothing.....etc
althought i don't think much about iraq army (1991, they surrander faster then the french did in ww2)
consider iraq is weaker then 1991 iraq, and usa/british is more advance then 1991 usa/british.

do you think Canadian absent in this war, make any difference? Canadian may not have much of iron, but got the best of military personnal.(best fighter pilot in NATO, got the second best military train army in NATO)
Good lord....that's harder to understand than a Stephen Hawking book.

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
shinerburke, what do you mean, it's plain as day! "Canadian may not have much of iron" - we'll get them some vitamin supplements.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperSix

rolleye.gif

Jackass

Great post, just felt like I'd add to it.

1. How long did the first Gulf War take (the entire war, not jus the ground war).
2. How many coalition forces are in Iraq now and how many were in Iraq during the first Gulf War?
3. Last time I check we were rolling over Iraq. If this were a football game I would have stopped watching before the end of the first quater.

If you think the war would be over in a week you need to do a reality check and mabye get some meds for that instant gratification problem...

Lethal

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
Originally posted by: LethalWolfe
Originally posted by: SuperSix

rolleye.gif

Jackass

Great post, just felt like I'd add to it.

1. How long did the first Gulf War take (the entire war, not jus the ground war).
2. How many coalition forces are in Iraq now and how many were in Iraq during the first Gulf War?
3. Last time I check we were rolling over Iraq. If this were a football game I would have stopped watching before the end of the first quater.

If you think the war would be over in a week you need to do a reality check and mabye get some meds for that instant gratification problem...

Lethal
also... our goal in '91 was simply to get the iraqi out of kuwait... not to invade baghdad and get rid of a single man protected by the entire military....

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003

I think it's a different situation this time around. In the first war we were kicking them out of Kuwait, it was all desert warfare on a land foreign to them. In this war, they have retracted back into cities and towns and dug in. It's always easier to fight in a defensive position, and especially on your own land. Your supplies get to you easier, your orders get to you easier, replacements, etc.

I don't think Canada has the best fighter pilots or soldiers, although they are good. They're probably just like ours (US). But their numbers are small anyway, so it's not a huge impact. It would help to have them, but it's no big deal if we don't.

It would not be a good thing to roll into a hostile city. The best thing we can do is spy on them from the air and bomb their units when we find them. They cannot stop us from doing this and it minimizes risk for our servicemen. It just takes much longer.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Marshallj
It would not be a good thing to roll into a hostile city. The best thing we can do is spy on them from the air and bomb their units when we find them. They cannot stop us from doing this and it minimizes risk for our servicemen. It just takes much longer.

The only problem here is the Iraqi forces have dug into civilian areas so bombing them is much risker because of their human shields. And if the people try to flee they get killed by Iraqi troops. Saddam is gonna kill as many civilians as he can because he knows the world will place all that blood on America's hands not his.

Lethal