calling all illinois residents!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: xeemzor
I live in both Northbrook and downtown in Bronzeville right next to US Cellular Field. Is it just me, or does there seem to be a disproportionate amount of ATOT users living in Illinois?

Chicago is the third largest city in the US. There's been about 25 people that answered this thread. Out of 150,000+ registered users, that doesn't seem that disproportionate.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: vi_edit
I live in both Northbrook and downtown in Bronzeville right next to US Cellular Field. Is it just me, or does there seem to be a disproportionate amount of ATOT users living in Illinois?

Chicago is the third largest city in the US. There's been about 25 people that answered this thread. Out of 150,000+ registered users, that doesn't seem that disproportionate.

There are a good deal more, just look at any of the abortive Chicago meet threads.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: K1052

There are a good deal more, just look at any of the abortive Chicago meet threads.

Still, it's not odd to have a bunch of representation from the third largest city in the country.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Springfield (springtucky) here.

I spent yesterday with no power and shoveling over a foot of snow (and two inches of ice under it) off my drive and walks.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Amused

I spent yesterday with no power and shoveling over a foot of snow (and two inches of ice under it) off my drive and walks.

That storm was weird. It just went straight up through IL but didn't get anyone else. My sister said that Eastern (Danville) didn't get anything, and my friends just over the border in Iowa didn't get anything. It was just bizzare how it streaked up from under us instead of moving west to east.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
Wheeling here; home of "Restaraunt Row"

I live near the Southwest corner of the airport.

Scott

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused

That storm was weird. It just went straight up through IL but didn't get anyone else. My sister said that Eastern (Danville) didn't get anything, and my friends just over the border in Iowa didn't get anything. It was just bizzare how it streaked up from under us instead of moving west to east.

You're right... it was wierd.

It rained all day up to 2:00am then dumped snow until 10:00am. The temp went from 59 one day to the 20s the next, and 6 degrees last night.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I was just over in that area today ... My mom lives in Wheeling, and I took her to the animal shelter over on Milwaukee just south of where River Road splits of.

She wanted a new kitten, so I took her there, and she wound up with two of em :)

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Ilikepiedoyou
Downers Grove, Oakbrook, Hinsdale, Westmont, I move a lot, but allwayus a few miles from each other

im very close to you. since im in high school, i know the suburbs pretty well.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
I went to junior and high school in elmhurst, lived in villa park and lombard for a while and eventually bought a hourse in aurora.

Ialso live in Chicago for a couple of years.

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
Homewood (home)
Champaign/Urbana (school)

Nice to see some Orland/Tinley Park-ers on the boards... =D

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
born and raised in carbondale/carterville but luckily i escaped over 20 years ago

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Krazy4Real
Originally posted by: BurnItDwn
I'm in Streamwood here.

I used to live in Streamwood!

I live in Carpentersville now, and I work in Rolling Meadows.

Where do you work? I'm in the west Meadow's building off Golf Road.