Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
The trailer itself doesn't do that much for me, but I will give it a try when it comes out. I liked Call of Duty 3 and 5 (also Treyarch games), though I find they feel like cheaper versions of infinity ward offerings. That said infinity ward is just about toast now, and the dedicated servers is a nice touch by Treyarch.

cyphilis

May 7, 2008
Now that trailer has me more interested. I like the looks of it, may be something I pickup right away.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
in the world of cod. the newest is always the most played. when waw came out on the top 10 xbl board is was played more than cod4

same will happen here.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
in the world of cod. the newest is always the most played. when waw came out on the top 10 xbl board is was played more than cod4

same will happen here.

May be the most popular, but personally I am not willing to shell out another $50 this soon after modern warfare 2's release.

ffussr

Jun 7, 2009
Singleplayer

* Vietnam is just a small part of the story. The games story is set across a large period of time.
* Some of the singleplayer maps are based on multiplayer maps, which is usually the other way around.
* In some missions you have the option to move in stealthily or go in guns blazing.
* The enemy AI is smarter. They will now try to dodge if you aim at them.

Multiplayer

* Multiplayer has been in development from day one.
* Lean is back!
* Vehicles will be returning.
* Create-A-Class 2.0 includes deep customization and new features.
* The game will include a "barebones" game mode.
1. As the name implies, there won't be any perks or killstreaks, just old school gameplay.
* Many familiar weapons will be making a return, including the AK-47.
* The region filter is back.
* Improved matchmaking and server browser.
* Modern Warfare 2's host migration will be included.
* Auto-Aim can be turned on/off.
* PC gamers will be able to enjoy the comfort and luxury of dedicated servers.
* The PC version will have an anti-cheat software, but it's unknown if it's Punkbuster.
* There will be support for the competitive community, which will include great tools.
* The team focusing on the multiplayer aspect of the game is twice the size (World at War).

Co-op Mode

* There will be 2-4 player co-op.
* Supports 2 player offline split-screen.
* It won't be based on the singleplayer campaign.
* Zombies might be making a return from World at War.

Miscellaneous

* The game engine is a heavily modified version of the IW engine which was used in World at War.
* The game runs at 60 FPS!
* Physics destruction is going to be limited, so no Battlefield Bad Company 2 style "blow holes in the walls" gameplay.
* The PC version will look better than the console versions (duh).
* There are over 200 people working on Black Ops!

Source: http://www.cod7blackops.com/?10-cod7-hands-on-summary/

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Alright, now I'm getting excited. The problem I had with W@W is I hate the old style weapons. I need new, modern weapons. I will probably buy Black Ops and I will probably love it, just like every other game since MW1.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Vietnambies, anyone? :)

Looking forward to it, especially the multiplayer, since theyre almost certainly working off the base of MW2, just as WaW was based on MW1/COD4. WaW multi was just as good as COD4, provided you still cared for WWII.

The singleplayer on the other hand...Treyarch has proven to not be quite as creative as IW. COD3 and WaW were a fair bit more repetitive and bland than the IW games, but they were certainly still good singleplayer games in their own right, they just didnt share the same magic.