Call of Duty 4 - resale issues?

WildW

Oct 3, 2008
evilpicard.com
I'm looking at picking up Call of Duty 4 for PC cheaply on eBay. Thought I'd ask quickly if anyone knows of any resale issues with this game with serial numbers/accounts/etc? A quick Google revealed nothing useful. I just hear a few games are getting awkward with this to kill off the 2nd hand market.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
no activation that i know of, you just have to watch out if the person selling it had their key banned for hacking if you want to play online.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
You are right, some games are, but I don't think Cod4 is one. As pontifex mentioned though, it is possible someone hacking on their account could cause problems for you using your account under that same cd key. It doesn't have a system like VAC but it does use PunkBuster.

I've seen it for $30 new. Maybe cheaper by now too. You don't need the GOTY edition since it just includes maps for free in the v1.6 or v1.7 patch. So unless Ebay offers a significantly less price (i.e. less than $20 shipped), I'd just go pick it up new.

WildW

Oct 3, 2008
evilpicard.com
So unless Ebay offers a significantly less price (i.e. less than $20 shipped), I'd just go pick it up new.

Ha, exactly what they want us to do. You're right though of course, the price difference is not that great to buy new, and any game with a key for online play is dodgy to buy 2nd hand I suppose. Ah well.