Call from Clay County GOP: Obama is a Muslim who'll take away Medicare

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
That will get the Romney supporters up and out to vote for sure!

She sounds so smart, its hard not to believe her. Listen to how convincing her pitch is.

"Pay attention to Faux Nooose and get out and watch that 2016 Mobie"

Dougher said the volunteer was counseled about that call, but she wasn’t sure if the woman was still making calls. Dougher also questioned the legality of playing audio after the volunteer was unaware they were being recorded.

When you call somebody's house and they don't pick up, you hang up if you don't want to leave a message...Or, stay on the line if you do. The woman forgot to hang up and therefore left the recording for all to hear. They are trying to spin this as some invasion of privacy thing.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
obama supports Muslims, why dont people remember this and is against Christians, look at his record

I am a little concerned about a possible invasion of privacy

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
obama supports Muslims, why dont people remember this and is against Christians, look at his record

I am a little concerned about a possible invasion of privacy

emot_confused.jpg

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Might want to edit that title since it wasn't the Clay County GOP. Try reading it again and find the part where the CC GOP approves the message.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Might want to edit that title since it wasn't the Clay County GOP. Try reading it again and find the part where the CC GOP approves the message.

She was acting on behalf of them. She was a volunteer working under their program. How come Obama is responsible for unauthorized statements by the embassy in Cairo but the CC GOP isn't responsible for the unauthorized statements of one of their employees?

She was calling from their phone number, supporting their cause..just as she was coached to do.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
She was acting on behalf of them. She was a volunteer working under their program. How come Obama is responsible for unauthorized statements by the embassy in Cairo but the CC GOP isn't responsible for the unauthorized statements of one of their employees?

She was calling from their phone number, supporting their cause..just as she was coached to do.

Did I say Obama was responsible for embassy statements? Nowhere.

Is your contention that the CC GOP told one employee to do this and no others?

OK, show me.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Did I say Obama was responsible for embassy statements? Nowhere.

Is your contention that the CC GOP told one employee to do this and no others?

OK, show me.

I never said you held Obama responsible. I am saying that when the shit hit the fan in the Africa and the Embassy in Cairo released that statement, many people on this forum held him responsible for it. So, it was more of a general question.

Now, we have an employee of the Republican party in Florida lying to seniors on tape and people are saying that the CC GOP did not sanction the statements. Maybe not, but they are still responsible for what their employees do on their behalf. They trained her to follow a script and she veered off from it and got caught, now..they are trying to spin the story and it seems you are too.

If the CC GOP isnt responsible for their own employees, who is?

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I love the duh-version from the GOP hack-

Dougher also questioned the legality of playing audio after the volunteer was unaware they were being recorded.

“Can you air a recording like that?” she asked. “If not, I would question a station playing something like that illegally.”

What part of an answering machine's message did the caller fail to comprehend, anyway? Even if there was no message, highly unlikely, the *beep* is a giveaway...

When losing or busted lying, always claim that you were somehow cheated... It's the essence of birtherism & ravings about voter fraud, too.

Apr 27, 2012
I love the duh-version from the GOP hack-

What part of an answering machine's message did the caller fail to comprehend, anyway? Even if there was no message, highly unlikely, the *beep* is a giveaway...

When losing or busted lying, always claim that you were somehow cheated... It's the essence of birtherism & ravings about voter fraud, too.

Isn't that the typical liberal, pretend to be the victim

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

No bigger victims than conservatives. Or do you deny that the government is after all your money, your Medicare and attacks Christianity?

You guys are minorities being victimized by the big bad government. But don't worry cause you'll win in November because you are a majority.

Or something like that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Hardly. The real victims are those who actually believe that Obama is a ebil sekrit mooslim hell bent on taking away medicare... and the perps are those who try to convince them that it's true.

Apr 27, 2012
Hardly. The real victims are those who actually believe that Obama is a ebil sekrit mooslim hell bent on taking away medicare... and the perps are those who try to convince them that it's true.

I would support obama if he were to end medicare along with the other crap

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

Funny, seems to me more than half of the threads you start are about whining about being a persecuted Christian.
You should try thinking before posting, it would make you look a ton less stupid.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
No bigger victims than conservatives. Or do you deny that the government is after all your money, your Medicare and attacks Christianity?

You guys are minorities being victimized by the big bad government. But don't worry cause you'll win in November because you are a majority.

Or something like that.

:biggrin:

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Ok, they're responsible. Did they allow it to continue or did they take corrective action?

Where I'm going with this isn't to defend her actions which I think reflects real problems with much of the GOP, but that there is a difference between her acting as she did and being told to do so. The embassy staff? They work for the ambassador and Hillary and ultimately Obama. So if they aren't responsible, who isn't? "The buck stops here"?

The person making the calls is whacked, but there doesn't seem to be some conspiracy here. Problems with the underlying thinking? Sure. That's not the same thing as allowing it to be used in calls.

Apr 27, 2012

Or something like that.

The government taxes people too much so I do get angry, is this illegal now?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I never said you held Obama responsible. I am saying that when the shit hit the fan in the Africa and the Embassy in Cairo released that statement, many people on this forum held him responsible for it. So, it was more of a general question.

Now, we have an employee of the Republican party in Florida lying to seniors on tape and people are saying that the CC GOP did not sanction the statements. Maybe not, but they are still responsible for what their employees do on their behalf. They trained her to follow a script and she veered off from it and got caught, now..they are trying to spin the story and it seems you are too.

Yo have a volunteer, not an employee.

When she draws compenstation; she then is an employee of consultant.
Up until then she is a volunteer expressing her opinion.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Yo have a volunteer, not an employee.

When she draws compenstation; she then is an employee of consultant.
Up until then she is a volunteer expressing her opinion.

Whatever the case may be, she is still operating as a representative of the CC GOP. Therefore, they are responsible for her actions. She was trained by them, given a script to follow and a list of phone numbers. She was using their facilities and their equipment and resources. If she was calling from her own house and this was just something she did on the side..then sure, its all her fault.

The fact that she was able to do something that stupid and only get a slap on the wrist says something to me. Nobody should be representing a political party and lying or scaring seniors into voting for them.

Feb 6, 2007
I think the person pretending to be the victim is the person who was shocked to discover that answering machines record what is said into them to be played back later. "Can you air a recording like that?" she asked. "If not, I would question a station playing something like that illegally."

Yeah, the liberals have such a victim mentality.