California School Hosts Toy Gun Buyback Program

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
An elementary school will hold a toy gun exchange Saturday, offering students a book and a chance to win a bicycle if they turn in their play weapons.

"Playing with toys guns, saying 'I'm going to shoot you,' desensitizes them, so as they get older, it's easier for them to use a real gun," Hill said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_23406432/hayward-school-sponsors-toy-gun-exchange

Someone must have been crack baby high when they came up with this idea.
I guess that is the cost of living in a hyper PC society where boys cant be boys.

lagokc

Mar 27, 2013
I wonder if they will give a book for a kid's hand making a sign language sign that looks a bit like a gun.

Kidding aside, it's not the kids playing army or cowboy and Indians that grow up to be violent criminals. It's the kids playing I have no daddy and mommy's on welfare that grow up to be violent criminals. So how about giving women on welfare some kind of financial incentive to abort? That would certainly reduce violent crime 18-20 years from now.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder if they will give a book for a kid's hand making a sign language sign that looks a bit like a gun.

Kidding aside, it's not the kids playing army or cowboy and Indians that grow up to be violent criminals. It's the kids playing I have no daddy and mommy's on welfare that grow up to be violent criminals. So how about giving women on welfare some kind of financial incentive to abort? That would certainly reduce violent crime 18-20 years from now.

So in other words the kinda kids that cannot afford toy guns to turn in :D

lagokc

Mar 27, 2013
So in other words the kinda kids that cannot afford toy guns to turn in :D

Nonsense, they'd just steal toy guys from the kids that do have parents. They won't have any interest in the book but the lottery ticket for a bicycle might excite them.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Wow. Just wow. Did CA ever here of the constitution? They seem to be activity working against it.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
At that age I was given a BB gun and the appropriate safety lessons. Once I showed I could handle it appropriately and accurately, I was given a pellet rifle and eventually a .22. I am so thankful our home backed up to about 400 acres of woods and streams where I could shoot, build forts, .etc.

To this day I still think of those times, best part of my childhood and taught me a lot of responsibility.

Thank you Mom and Dad!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
9781416554240_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Chapter 21

lagokc

Mar 27, 2013
Boy, I do. I'm tickled to death the gun nuts have such worthy opposition. Those idiots are just about as crazy.

It's not important whether or not a particular gun is likely to ever be used in crime.
It's not important whether or not a particular gun is even viably useful in crime.

What's important to gun grabbers is that guns, like balloons, look a certain way and might make scary loud noises. Also it's important to them that all others, especially children, are just as afraid of guns as they are.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
At that age I was given a BB gun and the appropriate safety lessons. Once I showed I could handle it appropriately and accurately, I was given a pellet rifle and eventually a .22. I am so thankful our home backed up to about 400 acres of woods and streams where I could shoot, build forts, .etc.

To this day I still think of those times, best part of my childhood and taught me a lot of responsibility.

Thank you Mom and Dad!

pretty much how i grew up. Also how my kids are.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's not important whether or not a particular gun is likely to ever be used in crime.
It's not important whether or not a particular gun is even viably useful in crime.

What's important to gun grabbers is that guns, like balloons, look a certain way and might make scary loud noises. Also it's important to them that all others, especially children, are just as afraid of guns as they are.

Pretty much. Some liberals react to them just like some Conservatives freak our thinking about gay sex. Lots of different kinds of fools in the world. But boy do Conservatives deserve a taste of their own insanity.

lagokc

Mar 27, 2013
Pretty much. Some liberals react to them just like some Conservatives freak our thinking about gay sex. Lots of different kinds of fools in the world. But boy do Conservatives deserve a taste of their own insanity.

Religious conservatives only freak out thinking about gay sex because they're ashamed of the erections it gives them. And is it just me or might the solution to insanity not be more insanity?o_O

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
You know it's funny, I'm pretty sure by the time I was in 1st grade I had both toy guns and a bicycle already, and so did all of my friends...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Religious conservatives only freak out thinking about gay sex because they're ashamed of the erections it gives them. And is it just me or might the solution to insanity not be more insanity?o_O

There can be no solution until folk realize they love being insane. In the mean time watching one group of insane fight another group of insane provides a certain emotional satisfaction to somebody as un-evolved as I am.

lagokc

Mar 27, 2013
There can be no solution until folk realize they love being insane. In the mean time watching one group of insane fight another group of insane provides a certain emotional satisfaction to somebody as un-evolved as I am.

While normally I'd be happy to sit back and enjoy two groups of insane people going at it, I'm actually a supporter of both gay rights and gun rights and in their confrontation there's a good chance the result of their confrontation will eliminate both rights along with a few others that might be important.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
CA needs this program, lest the gangs accidentally shoot a child holding one of those dangerous toys.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
This is a long-term indoctrination program designed to train our children to hate and fear firearms.

Zodiark1593

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2012
Watching stupidity from the sidelines is quite fun indeed especially when I live in the same state. *passes my popcorn around*

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
It's really hard nowadays to try and get a kid to put down COD and come outside and play with toy guns

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
It's really hard nowadays to try and get a kid to put down COD and come outside and play with toy guns

That's a good point. They need to start a gun game buyback program next. Any PC or gamebox program that shows or uses any type of weapon could be eligible.