C&C 3 expansion

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Didn't see any threads about it, but you can pre-order it at the EA store.

Are there no threads because no one cares about C&C any more or what? I have to say that while I played through C&C 3 once, it really couldn't keep my attention that long. In the previous games, I would play for hours against the AI on custom maps or randomly generated maps.

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
I love CNC3, and I play frequently with friends. Best RTS of 2007. People cared enough about CNC3 to have had it sold 350,000 units last year. Perhaps the interest isn't too high on this particular forum.

I'll be getting Kane's Wrath. I'm up for any online matches or comp stomps. It adds a lot of interesting units, a whole new campaign, and the live action videos should be fun to watch.

Ultralight

Jul 11, 2004
I'm definitely getting the expansion. This is the one lone series that I consistantly follow.

Go GDI! GO!!!!! :D

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
After the uninteresting debacle that was C&C3... I will be unlikely to pick up the expansion. It will be only the second C&C game/expansion that I do not have in my collection.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: EvilComputer92
I love CNC3, and I play frequently with friends. Best RTS of 2007. People cared enough about CNC3 to have had it sold 350,000 units last year. Perhaps the interest isn't too high on this particular forum.

I'll be getting Kane's Wrath. I'm up for any online matches or comp stomps. It adds a lot of interesting units, a whole new campaign, and the live action videos should be fun to watch.

Most c&c forums are actually pretty barren compared with other franchises. The only real active one is the EA forum and thats just filled with people complaining about balance and cheaters etc. More people actually play CoH than play C&C3.... pretty stunning considering the system requirements of both games and how C&C3 was supposed to be designed for multiplayer.

I may get the expansion, it may be the first c&c game i dont actually buy. I want some real storyline development, there was none in c&c 3, there was another goddamn tiberium war and the scrin invaded... ok... wow... who didnt see that coming? I saw it coming a mile off. But did anyone see CABAL backstabbing the brotherhood in firestorm? I didnt, did anyone see kane being linked to him somehow? I didnt see that coming either. I want a good storyline but deep down i know EA is simply not capable of delivering the same deep story that westwood did. It pains me to say but see those seemingly crazed tiberian sun fanatics that didnt want c&c 3 and wanted tiberian sun 2 they were sort of right.

Ah well, at least starcraft II will deliver!! Finally 10 years later we will find out who the hell duran works for and what the deal is with the hybrids. Hopefully it wont be as simple as: he works for the xel naga, and since they failed with the protoss and the zerg went crazy and attacked them they mahsed the two together making the hybrid. That would be a bit basic :p Although i know the xel naga are supposedly involved somehow in the storyline.

sanzen07

Feb 15, 2007
Never could get into this game. No new innovations in gameplay. It's the exact same thing as Generals but with different textures.

Jassi

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
I bought the CnC complete collection (already owned most of the games on cds) and I agree, the series is getting a bit stale. I'll pick up the expansion if I get an awesome deal on it or wait until I do. Hopefully, the next game will raise the bar a bit.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
A little OT but how about the C&C FPS? I hope I read my PC Gamer or GFW correctly.
That sounds interesting!
:)

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Oakenfold
A little OT but how about the C&C FPS? I hope I read my PC Gamer or GFW correctly.
That sounds interesting!

I am one of the very few people that LOVED Renegade.

Poor graphics, boring uninventive storyline, AI wasnt much but multiplayer is the best multiplayer i have ever played.

I spent a whole month on it with a 56k modem getting 150-300 pings. Loved every second of it.

Another C&C FPS in the works sounds like music to my ears if they get it right this time.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
That sounds interesting!

I didn't even blink when I ready the announcement. FPS games are a dime a dozen, and I highly doubt EA is going to do anything ground breaking or unique with another C&C FPS. Likely, it will be mediocre at best and fade into oblivion in a few months.

I am a little excited about the second SupCom expansion as well. That game is motivating me to upgrade to a better video card and quad core CPU.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Bateluer
That sounds interesting!

I didn't even blink when I ready the announcement. FPS games are a dime a dozen, and I highly doubt EA is going to do anything ground breaking or unique with another C&C FPS. Likely, it will be mediocre at best and fade into oblivion in a few months.

I am a little excited about the second SupCom expansion as well. That game is motivating me to upgrade to a better video card and quad core CPU.

This is how i imagine tiberium to turn out, i hope im proved wrong but knowing EA it will definately be along those lines.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I'll grab a C&C3 expansion, enjoyed the hell out of the sp campaign for all 3 races in C&C3. Didn't really have any desire to touch the MP though, mainly because anyone I would have played it with didn't even purchase the game.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
That sounds interesting!

You make an excellent point, I hope we see more innovation from FPS's in the future.
Huxley maybe? Only time will tell, and that is for another thread. ;)

Originally posted by: Soviet
That sounds interesting!

This is how i imagine tiberium to turn out, i hope im proved wrong but knowing EA it will definately be along those lines.

Nice! :D