By the way the folks that say Bose sucks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Bose is on par with, say, a GPX alarm clock from 5 years ago. Paper cones
I don't like Bose, but there's nothing inherently wrong with paper. Many of the world's best drivers use paper diaphragms.

Minerva

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: Minerva
Originally posted by: OVerLoRDI
They are decent speakers. But with the money you'd spend on Bose take it elsewhere and buy something better.

Only when wired with Monster Cable Van de graaff Elite Edition with equipotential rings to reduce transisent intermodulation distortion for cleaner mids and stratospheric highs that will take your breath away. :Q
Transisent isn't a word. :)

Well not officially yet, but used a lot in audio speak. Satisfactory wasn't registered in the dictionary for a long time, but was highly accepted by marketing.
What does it mean, then?

Haha it was a typo. The correct word is transient. :p

My keyboard has temorary intermiscent failures from time to time. ;)

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Man, I was about to lay into you like no other... :laugh:

Minerva, since Jules won't lay into you I will! We can listen to trip hop on my bose lifestyle system. ;)

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
At this moment I would like to quote a line from Spaceballs. "It's Mega Maid. She's gone from suck to blow!"

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Aimster
If the Mercedes S-class has Bose, then I must say I am impressed.

I've only heard Bose in car audio.... so my comments only reflect that segment.
Bose may work in a car for for serious home use, they just don't move enough air.

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Minerva
Originally posted by: OVerLoRDI
They are decent speakers. But with the money you'd spend on Bose take it elsewhere and buy something better.

Only when wired with Monster Cable Van de graaff Elite Edition with equipotential rings to reduce transisent intermodulation distortion for cleaner mids and stratospheric highs that will take your breath away. :Q

will you marry me? *sigh*

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: wetcat007
They don't suck, but neither do monster cables....

I would disagree, kind of. Monster cables are quality cables that go well with $2,000 home theater systems. They highly inflate their prices, but you're still getting a good product. Bose sucks on multiple levels. They are completely overpriced, and they also sound like junk.

aswedc

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Aimster
If the Mercedes S-class has Bose, then I must say I am impressed.

I've only heard Bose in car audio.... so my comments only reflect that segment.
You're missing the point, which was stated in this thread already.

Some Bose speakers are ok, but none of them are worth the price.

You can bet Mercedes isn't paying anywhere close to retail for the speakers they put in the car - I wouldn't be surprised if Bose is selling them at cost for the reputation factor.

Bottom line, don't ever buy Bose yourself!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: rockyct
Originally posted by: wetcat007
They don't suck, but neither do monster cables....

I would disagree, kind of. Monster cables are quality cables that go well with $2,000 home theater systems. They highly inflate their prices, but you're still getting a good product. Bose sucks on multiple levels. They are completely overpriced, and they also sound like junk.

Huh? how much did you spent on Monster cable on that 2K HT? I made all my interconnect cables for my 10K HT :) Speaker cables are from Home Depot and optical from many different places.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
The new Infiniti G35 Sedan with the Bose system sounds awesome. you are probably overpaying but comes with a harddrive to store your mp3s