Buying the 9700: Local store or online? Pre-order or buy on the fly?

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
ENPC is taking preorders with free shipping. there's a code at the local techie bargains website.

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I vote online- buy on the fly.

One can almost always get better deals by online rather then buying locally, so unless you need the hardware ASAP I generally recommend purchasing online.

Pre-orders have the benefit of the fact that you will usually get the hardware a few days before it's readily available, the disadvantage being that you will often have to pay slightly more then you would had you waited until it's available.. also on occasion the place you pre-order from may not even send it until it's readily available... which by then means it will have been cheaper had you waited.

As for where to purchase from- I generally check PriceWatch for the best price for the hardware, then check each vendor at ResellerRatings. I choose the vendor that has the best price with a very high rating at ResellerRatings.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
ok here's what you do...WAIT FOR NV30...no not to buy that instead but to evaluate each and see what features you need/want/will use and what one is the fastest etc. I gurantee you that you'll find either a good deal on the 9700 or something about the Nv30 that makes you buy that instead. Trust me...the head to heads will be amazing reads.