Buying cannabis product is like buying pizza now.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It's great to have favorite strains the same way you would with favorite coffee beans or favorite beers.

Reactions: dank69

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
How's the selection of goods in Canada?

My NJ medical card is in the mail. Unfortunately we are way way behind Cali and Colorado and other states with selection. There are pretty much no edibles at any of the dispensaries. Meanwhile my buddy in Colorado has a buffet of edibles to choose from of all types and styles and doses and strains. Christie made it really strict when he implemented NJ's medical program, and we were held back by that. But hopefully things open up.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm not familiar enough to really be able to tell but it's half decent. And growing your own is legal too.

In my case I got CBD oil so that's a bit harder to DIY but they have a decent amount of selection I'd say and there are several local shops now.

This is where I ordered from: https://www.sessions.ca/timmins-dispensary-menu

Yeah that shop is like 20 times better than anything we have in NJ as of now. I'm jelly.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
dude it was the same in boston in 1998, the only thing that's changed is that it's taxed now.

Reactions: zinfamous

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
mid '90s in NYC you could page a guy from a payphone, get a callback, then have the weed delivered to you by a guy on a bike within the hour. Just bud. No other products that I remember. I think we have revolutionized that concept just a bit.

Reactions: Captante

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I remember having it or shrooms delivered to my door same day back in the 90's. What a time it was to be alive.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
mid '90s in NYC you could page a guy from a payphone, get a callback, then have the weed delivered to you by a guy on a bike within the hour. Just bud. No other products that I remember. I think we have revolutionized that concept just a bit.
Yeah, a little different in that you had to know somebody, couldn't just be Rando Human and go to a URL.

Reactions: VashHT

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
you know what i mean. We had a home-delivery dealer, pick up the phone, 20 min later you are smoking bud.
(we had internet in the college library but otherwise nobody had a connection)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm not familiar enough to really be able to tell but it's half decent. And growing your own is legal too.

In my case I got CBD oil so that's a bit harder to DIY but they have a decent amount of selection I'd say and there are several local shops now.

This is where I ordered from: https://www.sessions.ca/timmins-dispensary-menu

Impressive, so I shared. My sister says that place is tits, and you are one lucky canuck.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
We have a bunch of other ones too now.

There's also the government site, basically equivalant to LCBO for Liquor.

I might be missing some.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I don't indulge...can't stand the smell or the buzz, but damn, pretty impressive selection. You only have to be 19, here, 21...and no on-line ordering or delivery.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I don't indulge...can't stand the smell or the buzz, but damn, pretty impressive selection. You only have to be 19, here, 21...and no on-line ordering or delivery.
The buzz comes in more than one type, and using a method other than smoking does a lot for the smell.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Pot delivery has been a thing since Legalization here. What I really like is that in the last year Alcohol Delivery has now become reality.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Here the govt store product may be up to 2x the cost of street corner stuff but if one has the coin it is worth it generally because the store lists THC content for each brand and provides home delivery. However your local dealer often sells otherwise unavailable product which is worth a second look either for price or quality.
Home delivery ! The wildest 60's fantasy has come true. Slap my hand and call me Jesus.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
.. even if i could order weed online right now, assuming it was legal, where would i even smoke?
This entire f* country has gone smoke free. I can't even smoke in the house.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The last time I bought they did not have the delivery option, so I don't know if they are allowed to do that because of covid or if it's here to stay. Originally I think the way it was suppose to be is local shops can't do delivery but the government (OCS) site can. But maybe they are allowing everyone to do delivery now.

Even Alcohol laws are a tad more loosened up now, as grocery stores can carry it now, before they could not. Selection is not as good as the LCBO but it's still nice that it's an option. Walmart has beer, and one of the grocery stores has wine. There's delivery options for alcohol too as I had ordered beer from a local brewery and they dropped it off at my door. Delivery has been around for a while though. When I was a kid our next door neighbour was always drunk and we used to always see a discrete car stopping at his house and a guy would come out with a brown paper bag. "Oh he's ordering booze again!". lol.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
.. even if i could order weed online right now, assuming it was legal, where would i even smoke?
This entire f* country has gone smoke free. I can't even smoke in the house.
Outside? That's what I do since I'm in a rental right now.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Thta's contrary to the very spirit of smoking weed. It's actually worse now that when it was illegal.
I do tend to find your highly prescriptive viewpoint on life's little intricacies interesting, what is this "very spirit of smoking weed" you speak of?

Reactions: dank69