Buying a used Macbook Pro Retina mid 2012 i7, 16gb is there something I should check

amyklai

Nov 11, 2008
Screen ghosting was a pretty common issue with those. I had the screen replaced on mine (on Apple Care).

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
MD831LL/A model

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...-i7-2.7-15-mid-2012-retina-display-specs.html

I know very little about macs, is there a diagnostic disc I can use or particular things I should check?

How do I check for efi locks, icloud locks or the like?

You can't get into the EFI on Macs.
iCloud Lock isn't a concern on Macs either. Just make sure the person does a clean install of OS X, and have them shut it down once it gets to the "Welcome, let's set up your Mac" part.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004

They made an appt at the Genius Bar during his warranty period, demonstrated the problem, and the people at the store decided that it warranted a replacement. They probably took the laptop and sent it out, and then returned it to amyklai.

I mean, I wasn't there, but... that's basically how it happens.

amyklai

Nov 11, 2008
They made an appt at the Genius Bar during his warranty period, demonstrated the problem, and the people at the store decided that it warranted a replacement. They probably took the laptop and sent it out, and then returned it to amyklai.

I mean, I wasn't there, but... that's basically how it happens.

Yeah, it got sent in and I picked it up 2 weeks later with a new screen.

Tegeril

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2003
Same with mine, screen was replaced. Only took one day for me though.