Buying a car, used or new? Thats the question?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

coolred

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ornery
...lets keep this to cars under 30,000 grand...

Wow, there's a thought. I take it you don't own any real estate yet, but you're willing to take out a mortgage on a tool for transportation! :confused:

Even the thought of coughing up $20,000 for a car makes me cringe. Hell, there's even interest on top of that! I've got enough trouble keeping up with bills, without throwing a car payment into the mix. I'd certainly rather put that money toward property, which is exactly what I did!

Which is the better decision? Buying new or used?

Without owning your own home yet, it seems like a no-brainer to me!

No I do not own any real estate, I do pl;an to buy a house when my lease is up in november though. I am not saying I will be spednding 30,00 on a car. I was just curious about how nice the interiors on some cars where, but I didn't want the responses to all be about crazy expensive cars that only millionaires own.

I have no interest in property, other then a house to live in. I need a car though to. At this point in time I am leaning towards buying used. But I want something nice to drive in, sure I am not in my car as much as my house, but I still will be in it alot , and I want to be comforetable in it.

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
used used used.....but you have to find a deal, and buy from a private seller. make sure its got a clean title and no body work.