Question buy motherboard from aliexpres

Jesus Osorio

Sep 13, 2022
You recomend buy motherboards from aliexpres for a laptop?.
I already ask at tecnical service from asus for the motherboard but they tell me that it's discontinued so I search it in aliexpres, found it but I´m not sure to buy it. If you have som expirience buying motherbaords from aliexpres I will appreciete your expirience.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Ha, the big question. I've seen reputable persons say they had a great outcome using AliExpress and others who say the opposite. As with Ebay, AliExpress is a marketplace of independent sellers, so it basically would just come down to each individual seller. It is so riddled with counterfeit, grey market, and lower-quality copycats, that I don't see how reputable sellers who back their products could be competitive there. Does AliExpress arbitrate disputes fairly and hold offenders accountable? I don't know, I've never used it.

Jesus Osorio

Sep 13, 2022
Ha, the big question. I've seen reputable persons say they had a great outcome using AliExpress and others who say the opposite. As with Ebay, AliExpress is a marketplace of independent sellers, so it basically would just come down to each individual seller. It is so riddled with counterfeit, grey market, and lower-quality copycats, that I don't see how reputable sellers who back their products could be competitive there. Does AliExpress arbitrate disputes fairly and hold offenders accountable? I don't know, I've never used it.
You have a point with the reputable sellers and i would have more faith in ebay but even there, they haven't had the motherboard. Thanks a lot.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
AE is a tool for the obscure. If you have the patience to deal with CN based dealers and ask questions before ordering it's not too bad. I've used them once so far for an LCD panel because it was at least $100 cheaper than any domestic options for a 4K120 laptop. Most have a 45 day dispute period for escrow.

Reactions: AnitaPeterson