Buy iPhone 6s plus now or wait for iPhone 7 plus?

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
Little story. I use to owe an iPhone 6 plus... some tramp stolen my phone, now I have an HTC ONE M9. :'(

Anyway. Should I wait till September or should I buy the iPhone 6S plus now? I haven't been following Apple news at all. What new features are they adding? ofc know one knows yet, but what are the most likely features? I honestly can't think of anything new that they could add? Smaller, lighter and faster, sure but features? Someone told me about wireless charging lmao, I am not sold...

Just curious, the iPhone 6s plus is good phone yes? lol.

I really appreciate somee help D:

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Wait, and you may get the new feature of no headphone jack!

I'm just hoping the iPhone 7 gets optical image stabilization, but that's moot for you since the 6s Plus already has that, even for 4K.

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
Wait, and you may get the new feature of no headphone jack!

I'm just hoping the iPhone 7 gets optical image stabilization, but that's moot for you since the 6s Plus already has that, even for 4K.
I'm not sold on that tbh. What other rumoured features that are likely to happen? The only feature that I would wait for is the rumoured new design? It's going to have a different shape now? Is this likely?

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Yes, rumour has it will be slimmer, without so obvious antenna plastic.

Mar 10, 2006
Little story. I use to owe an iPhone 6 plus... some tramp stolen my phone, now I have an HTC ONE M9. :'(

Anyway. Should I wait till September or should I buy the iPhone 6S plus now? I haven't been following Apple news at all. What new features are they adding? ofc know one knows yet, but what are the most likely features? I honestly can't think of anything new that they could add? Smaller, lighter and faster, sure but features? Someone told me about wireless charging lmao, I am not sold...

If you liked your iPhone 6 Plus, you will love the 6s Plus. Very little is known about what Apple is bringing to market with the iPhone 7.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I've seen some stuff with a multiple lens camera. Maybe a lightfield camera or stereo camera?

The 6s series is a good buy. First with 2gb ram and the cpu was a monster upgrade. September is a ways away...

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013

Might as well wait. The iPhone S series are basically just speed bumps.

Or just buy a new iPhone now and trade it in later this year.

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well since you've waited this long, you might as well wait for the iPhone 7s too..

Something newer will always be around the corner. Chances are fairly good they will release a new phone in September, its your call on if you want to wait that long or not...

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
bad news - just purchased the 6s plus shoudl arrive on wednesday

good news - i might sell the 6s when new iphone arrives and only sell it if the 7 plsu is worth upgrading. :D

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
bad news - just purchased the 6s plus shoudl arrive on wednesday

good news - i might sell the 6s when new iphone arrives and only sell it if the 7 plsu is worth upgrading. :D

Right choice - the 7 is still a full 6 months away. That being said, I hope you got it on a good deal as there's no need to pay full price this far into its lifecycle.

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
Right choice - the 7 is still a full 6 months away. That being said, I hope you got it on a good deal as there's no need to pay full price this far into its lifecycle.
I paid £450 :)
Brand new. ():)
16gb
rose gold

Nick Arthur

Jan 16, 2016
It is up to your mind. If you are in need of an iPhone in a hurry, you can buy iPhone 6 and take it first. But just a few months and so I recommend you to wait for iPhone 7 coming out.