BUY.COM FLUBBED DEAL: ECS K7ASA Motherboard (Slot A) $16.95!! DEAD AS A DOORNAIL

Brasscat

Jun 9, 2002
OK - I know the Slot As are passe, but if you've got extra parts lying around, this is an incredible deal for a backup/gift box. My old Slot A motherboard died and I've been looking all over the internet for a good deal, and this is the BEST deal by far.

Buy.com clearance. Here's the link . These Slot A AMD chips are cheap (starting around $25 for a 500) -- so I figure a CPU/motherboard for abour $41 ain't bad.... for a "enough powered" box. ;)

Buit-in audio/lan and all the other usuals.

Again, it's not the way to the fastest PC, but you can have a computer that's certainly usable, quick -- FOR CHEAP. Check it out.

Not a bad second pc, if you ask me! :D

As of posting, they've got 35 of them left at buy.com. Hurry!

TurtleMan

Golden Member
May 3, 2000
wow pretty darn cheap.. i have a AMD 500, it still work good , even on w3.
But anyone see any deal on amd 700 slot a? :]

breweyez

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
good find Brasscat....I have an 800 athlon sitting in a box....I think its time to use it....does anyone have any experience with this MB??? will it overclock?

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
woah! awesome price! wish I had a spare proc for this, then I'd have a legit reason to get one, but, alas, I don't :(

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Thanks! I too have been looking at an 850 t-bird without a home for some time. I finally can combine all of my extras into a respectable (enough) spare machine.:)

Furor

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2001
Damn, sweet find..it has a very nice audio chip too..gonna pick up one of these for my brother.

Thanks!

Edit: don't forget ebates for 2% less.

XCLAN

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
darn...i really need that board...my slot a just quit on me this week. and its sold out now

DjC

Jun 29, 2002
Originally posted by: walrus
just 7 left now.

actually i think its there for marketing purposes. its now back at 36.

does anyone know if this board will support a CLASSIC ATHLON 900 512KB CACHE?? Cuz i got a bastard HP with there modified MOBO...

JohnMellencamp

May 7, 2001
Darn I really could of have done with 2 but got the last one wonder if they will magically become back in stock again ;)

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Darn, I really could have used this board :/ This was only posted 3 hours ago... I gotta be quicker :p

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Nice deal for those who can use a slot A. I still show 36 in stock. Based on buy.com's past performance on their in stock number this is probably wrong. Don't be surprised if they send an OOS email.

This deal reminds me of the good ole buy.com clearance days. Free shipping on everything in clearance, large inventory turnover. I used to check the clearance page several times a week during my early deal hunting days. I picked up some nice deals. I think buy.com has farmed out the clearance section to another computer surplus company and it's always hit or miss with their stock/inventory. Also, a lot of their stock stays the same with very high prices.

If you don't have a slot A you can pick one at package2you.com (700 for $26.50 + ship) or compgeeks.com.

DVDKing

Mar 23, 2000
All GONE. I need one of these! My MSI K7-PRO motherboard just died on me. Anyone else with a spare or know of a place to get a cheap motherboard for under $20 ?

cartier

Apr 6, 2002
BACK in stock. grabbed one.
Needed to build another system this week, was going to use my old 300a@450, but heck... cant buy another bx6 for twice this price.
Now, I have to learn about cooling Athlons, sheesh, can anyone recommend a hsf for this with a link possibly?
34 left in stock, grab 'em while you can!

Snipa

Apr 8, 2000
Whew! Nice Deal!

I just picked up one of the mobos for $24.90 shipped.

I picked up a 700mhz Tbird and a Silver USB keyboard at package2you.com for $36.19 shipped

And just got one of those Comet 300watt cases in the other Hot Deal thread for $35.88 shipped insured.

Had an old harddrive, stick of 256mb RAM, mouse, and cd-rom laying around.

So for about $96 shipped I got me a nice little backup system!

Thanks for the posts!

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: cartier
oh, BTW,
http://package2you.com/
has optical wheelmouse for 6.50, sounds good, gonna check shipping in a sec.

How's that shippiing? I added a few things I needed, but they won't let me have shipping information. They also have a 64MB Kyro II, and I've heard good things from friends, but not sure how good it is. Anyone have experience with this video card?