Buy a date with Scarlett

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Originally posted by: Leros
This is not a date auction.

The winning bidder will receive:

* Two tickets to the world premiere of He's Just Not That Into You. The premiere location has not yet been determined but will be in either Los Angeles or New York this July.

* Chauffeured car service to the premiere

* Hair and makeup for one by Privé

* A meet and greet with Scarlett Johansson at the premiere

The value of meet/greet with celebrities is usually all over the map,I'm always wary of sweepstakes giving away meet/greet as prizes as the sponsors assign a high retail value to such prizes.

A meet/greet with Miss Scarlett is in the end,only worth as much as her highest bidding fan is willing to shell out for the honor and judging from that auction,her fans are willing to shell out plenty.

I don't see the value of a meet and greet. Sure it might be kinda neat to meet these people, but not worth paying for by any means. They are just people, its not that exciting.

imported_cinder

Sep 19, 2006
someone bid on it already..its currently sitting at 11,700 USD @ 5:47am CST. Wow someone is lucky for 2 reasons because:
1. He/She actually has money like that to blow
2. He/She Actually gets to meet her (I will settle for HDTV at that price)

Yup!

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
Why pay 10Gs for a meet and greet when you can stalk for free?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Scarlett- "Hi, thanks for the check. I hope you have a good evening, and do take care"

You- "WTF?"

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: spittledip
Originally posted by: Safeway
Originally posted by: yamadakun
Sorry, she is not very attractive. Not worth even the cost of a date.

Your man card is revoked.

If i were single I could say 10000 for Halle Berry or Angelina Jolie. Not that poor homely child. Blonde is overrated.

Make her dye her hair for you.

Partly my point- her face is unattractive. People just like the ugly yellow hair for some reason.

Wrong, and wrong. Blondes FTW!

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Leros
This is not a date auction.

The winning bidder will receive:

* Two tickets to the world premiere of He's Just Not That Into You. The premiere location has not yet been determined but will be in either Los Angeles or New York this July.

* Chauffeured car service to the premiere

* Hair and makeup for one by Privé

* A meet and greet with Scarlett Johansson at the premiere

I think they're going to have to pay me 10k to see that movie.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Scarlett- "Hi, thanks for the check. I hope you have a good evening, and do take care"

You- "WTF?"

bingo.

from the auction:

Q: How long will the meet and greet last?
A: There is no set amount of time but it is estimated to be a brief visit due to Scarlett?s schedule that evening.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
I always thought she was quite good looking and that rack is fantastic. Anyway, the opening scene of lost in translation is always nice, I do like that movie. The ex gf wanted to rent this movie match point with her in it and my god it was just...just awful completely horrible but at least she was hot in it.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
She's a cutie pie, but the only way I'd pay more than 100 dollars to go on ANY date would be if I won the lottery. Then 10k would be pocket-change for me.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Here's an idea. Sell raffle tickets on ATOT to bid on it, if we lose return the money. Random drawing for the person who gets to go. Winner has to take a picture with a sign that says "ATOT PWNS JOO."

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Q: How long will the meet and greet last?
A: There is no set amount of time but it is estimated to be a brief visit due to Scarlett?s schedule that evening.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
What???? For $500 I can get someone that looks WAY better than her that will put out without having to buy her dinner!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Fritzo
What???? For $500 I can get someone that looks WAY better than her that will put out without having to buy her dinner!

YGPM
:p