Busted at work :(

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I've been at current job for >2 years after years in ICU & a decade + in ER.

Am in the PACU (recovery room) and one of the things we rarely ( like once or twice a year) is start IV's.

Last week we started rotating a bit & helping in the pre op part of the dept, and one of the big skills is starting IV's, and I intentionally kept my mouth shut about my mad IV skilz, so folks wouldn't pester me to help.

4 hours into my first rotation my co workers figured out what I've done for the last couple of years. :(

I've started over a dozen "problem" IV's for them this week already...

:( :( :(

imported_yovonbishop

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2004
Well, at least you didn't get fired.

Although, I'd hate you regardless of whether you were "good at IVs" or weren't. I hate those things. No offense.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
i wouldn't like that job, but it seems to go with what always happens. if you let on that you're good at something they pile it on.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
At least you didnt get caught fapping on the job, which is what I thought this thread was going to be about

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: moshquerade
i wouldn't like that job, but it seems to go with what always happens. if you let on that you're good at something they pile it on.

anybody that is reliable gets screwed over with a lot of extra duty. You notice that in just about every job you can have. Hell, it's true even here in Cadet-land.

Originally posted by: lozina
At least you didnt get caught fapping on the job, which is what I thought this thread was going to be about

me too, strangely enough. :)

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: lozina

for some reason i think this begs for a parody post where OP gets caught fapping and then has to help people do it.

/wont start that thread

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006

I hear you're a good kisser. Mind helping me with some "problem" lips? :lips: :heart: :p

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
And I thought this thread was going to be about you getting fired. I'm disappointed.

LOL, well I did call my supervisor "the master communicator" (she's a nutcase and it's an inside joke) to another co worker yesterday and the evil wench was directly behind me.

Oops :eek:

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Nik

I hear you're a good kisser. Mind helping me with some "problem" lips? :lips: :heart: :p
problem lips... I highly recommend bag balm. i swear it will help. :lips:

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001

Wow, you're back, where have you been?

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I've had similar things like this happen to me, but I usually was avoiding being the hero for the sole purpose of trying to get the bosses to force my coworkers to do their jobs.

But, when it did happen I certainly tried to make my boss's life miserable which was kinda hard because most don't have any conscience.

imported_yovonbishop

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2004
Originally posted by: amdskip

Wow, you're back, where have you been?

Look over in the y hallo thar thread. That'll explain.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
oh yeah, my wife would be asking for you if she was in your hospital, she has those tiny rolling veins that are deep

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I thought maybe you were caught stealing balloons from the children's ward. Color me relieved. :p

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I was looking for something in the negatory... like you fuct an IV up and didn't tell anyone about it... patient dies, you get canned.... that sorta thing.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: jjones
I thought maybe you were caught stealing balloons from the children's ward. Color me relieved. :p

Only if its paint by number

Anyway, I'm sure those patients are glad you have the mad IV skillz - its better than "Opps, missed again. Opps, missed again. Opps, missed again. Opps, missed again. Opps, missed again."

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
And I thought this thread was going to be about you getting fired. I'm disappointed.

LOL, well I did call my supervisor "the master communicator" (she's a nutcase and it's an inside joke) to another co worker yesterday and the evil wench was directly behind me.

Oops :eek:

Hope you learn the lesson not to talk about people behind your back. :p

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
My fiancee is a NICU nurse and starts IV's in 2 pound babies.. I know I could never do that.