Business sim based games general discussion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nanobreath

May 14, 2008
Speaking of business sim games, is anyone else a fan of Transport Tycoon and OpenTTD?

Yes, and yes.

I also agree with the above poster about bullfrog. I loved their games, and the sense of humor they injected into them. Theme hospital was certainly the best.

My introduction to the world of the tycoon games was the original Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon from the early 90's. From that I played Pizza Tycoon and then Transport Tycoon. With Theme Park and Theme Hospital in there too. Spent so many hours playing these games. Never really cared for RCT as it just didn't have the same soul that Theme Park did, that and by then I was leaving home for school, and the amount of time to play games was greatly diminished. And them MMO's started. Yeah, both of them are time eating life consumers and MMOs won the battle.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Yes, and yes.

I also agree with the above poster about bullfrog. I loved their games, and the sense of humor they injected into them. Theme hospital was certainly the best.

My introduction to the world of the tycoon games was the original Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon from the early 90's. From that I played Pizza Tycoon and then Transport Tycoon. With Theme Park and Theme Hospital in there too. Spent so many hours playing these games. Never really cared for RCT as it just didn't have the same soul that Theme Park did, that and by then I was leaving home for school, and the amount of time to play games was greatly diminished. And them MMO's started. Yeah, both of them are time eating life consumers and MMOs won the battle.

If you like Theme Hospital, take a look at this: https://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/wiki/AboutBeta7

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005

heinz256

Nov 13, 2004
Anybody remember dinopark tycoon? Kind of like building Jurassic Park where the dinosaurs can escape and cause havok.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Anybody remember dinopark tycoon? Kind of like building Jurassic Park where the dinosaurs can escape and cause havok.

LOL awesome.

I would love a Left 4 Dead style game with Dinosaurs.

Were kind of going off topic but eh. LOL.

I will have to look up this Dinopark Tycoon.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Rollercoaster tycoon was OK. I played it for a while off-and-on. It was cool for a bit but it got old fast. My rollercoasters became unpredictable with how good they'd be. I'd build one that was super amazing in my eyes and everyone would be like,"it's shit." Build something super simple and nothing great to just get a few bucks, "OMFG THIS IS THE BEST SHIT EVAR!!!! $150 PER RIDE? YES PLEASE!" It didn't make much sense...

Railroad Tycoon was awesome... but fucking unbelievably hard. I guess if you slowed it down and REALLY took your time for everything it wouldn't be so hard, but I was really impatient and didn't feel like putting precise loads on everything. :\

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Yes, and yes.

Haha, you've got to be the only other person I've heard of that has played Pizza Tycoon. That game wasn't the greatest but it did have its moments (sabotaging rivals' pizza with laxatives, lols).

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
rollercoaster tycoon was awesome because you could make a crazy coaster and watch faces turn green and you know everyone creates a death coaster at some point.

never played but i heard the capitalism series is good for a business sim. you can pick it up at gog.

I remember a game called jones in the fast lane that was fun. maybe not exactly a business sim though.